Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
ION Phase 2 - Cambridge's Light Rail Transit
haha I tend to agree with you sentiment on Cambridge. Even if amalgamation were to happen I am not sure it would improve how disjointed Cambridge feels from the KW. They wouldn't even put there Rec Centre on given land 10 years ago, because they were afraid kitchener would use it. Personally I hate when ever I have to travel to cambridge. I think the LRT would have helped, but I don't see this happen at its current projected cost. Maybe they should abandon the Hespeler Rd redevelopment dream and just go down the existing rail corridor from preston to galt. This will shave easily 20mins off the travel time from Galt to Kitchener and probably save close to a billion. You would also get a stop by the hospital. The current route just seems like a way to spur development on Hespeler Rd to make up for years of bad planning, Which I get is the general idea behind the LRT in the first place. I don't know. I want phase 2 to happen, but I work in the industry and construction cost have doubled in 5 years.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION Phase 2 - Cambridge's Light Rail Transit - by westwardloo - 04-21-2023, 08:26 AM