Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
ION Phase 2 - Cambridge's Light Rail Transit
Cambridge NIMBYs are at it once again: The LRT is too expensive. Life will become unaffordable (as if it isn't the banks that are doing that to us). It'll add too much traffic...so we should add more buses - more vehicular traffic - instead of creating less. Instead of providing rapid transit to Preston, we should service low density industrial areas instead.

'Stop the LRT thru Preston' group thinks it's time to rewrite Cambridge history: https://www.cambridgetimes.ca/news/becom...de874.html

Fine, you don't want it? Maybe it's time to leave the Region of Waterloo and become an independent city. We could then get rid of GRT bus services to Cambridge all together, saving tons of money. Police and fire, too. Snow removal, garbage and recycling services and so on. Plus with the billions of dollars we'd save by cancelling this project, we could build an east-west LRT route through Kitchener and Waterloo. Then they can see how high their taxes go when they have to manage all of this on their own affairs. I mean what does Cambridge even contribute to this region? They're the forgotten bastard child everyone just meme on because it's such a backwards, useless thorn in the side of RoW.

You know...I moved back to this region when the LRT was still under construction because I thought this would be a great opportunity for the region to fix itself and evolve and I wanted to be part of that. How mistaken I was. It's a very frustrating place to live, run by boomer politicians who are so out of touch it's like they're trapped in the 1950s. Maybe I ought to head back to Berlin...heh.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION Phase 2 - Cambridge's Light Rail Transit - by ac3r - 04-21-2023, 06:18 AM