Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
ION Phase 2 - Cambridge's Light Rail Transit
(04-10-2023, 09:32 PM)ijmorlan Wrote:
(04-10-2023, 04:27 PM)jeffster Wrote: Again, follow the money. There is a reason that everyone involved in something like this lives in a McMansion .. except for those actually doing the work.

You have evidence for this absurd and libellous accusation (OK, probably not libellous because you didn’t single out any specific individuals, but still absurd)?

Unfortunately, the problems are harder to figure out than a simple case of corruption. Scapegoating is easy. Understanding what is being done in construction that is causing the costs to balloon unreasonably is much harder.

I have to agree with ijmorlan here...

The costs of the LRT have more to do with our ridiculous engineering and consulting practices intended to reduce liability than it does corruption. I don't see open corruption here.

I see the same engineering practices which demand 3.6 meter wide lanes on residential streets at play here.

I've added this topic to my future articles list for my newsletter.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION Phase 2 - Cambridge's Light Rail Transit - by danbrotherston - 04-11-2023, 04:22 AM