Hey Guest,
Welcome, Join our awesome community where you can discuss on various topics
or Create an Account

Welcome Guest! In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away. Click here to get started.

Dear WRConnected Users: WOW! Our fourth "birthday"! We've grown so much over the past four years, and much of that is because of you, the amazing WRConnected Users. But like any other website, there are costs associated with running it. As some of you may already know, we accept donations. Some of you have made donations (thank you!). This helps cover some of the background costs associated with running this site. If every user were to donate $1 we would more than cover our yearly expenses. If WRConnected is useful to you, take a minute and help keep it online for another year. Any donation is helpful. Thank you.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Message Board Governance/Admin
I'd posted this on the page before we lost everything before a backup was in place

A few questions worth considering:
How do we ensure continuity in the event the site admin disappears?
How do we want to conduct ourselves?
Should we have admin committees?

Discuss!
Administration and moderation is definitely something that needs to be discussed, more so because of everything that just happened. I'm working on putting together some users that will be helping me run things. I will be opening things up to see if there are any of you who want to be in a leadership role. Having all of the power in one role DOES NOT WORK. I don't want to be the only one with power here.

Let me assure you, I will not do what UrbanWaterloo did. I'm sure there are some of you who are sceptical because of what just happened. I understand that. As we progress I will be providing other senior level administrators with the "keys" to the site. But understand that this takes time.
Where are we on this?
We've established a moderation team of myself, rangersfan and the85. At this point we're taking care of the daily moderation duties. As we grow I'd like to expand that and add another person or two.

Outside of that, I'm not sure what specifically you're asking about?