Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elora Mill
Came across this render of a renovated Elora mill today:

Lots more renders here:
http://www.eloramill.ca/

Opening 2018.
Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.

It's certainly ambitious!
That plan has been around for a few years now, has it not?
Wow. Very nice!

No surprise, same owner as the Cambridge and Ancaster Mills.
Is the webpage broken? None of the links seem to work - I wanted to look at their condo floorplans.
(01-10-2017, 07:50 AM)Canard Wrote: Is the webpage broken? None of the links seem to work - I wanted to look at their condo floorplans.
Links worked for me, although I didn't see anything for floorplans.

Very ambitious plan, but looks VERY nice the closer I look.
Oh, I see - it must be designed for tablets. What a horribly unintuitive webpage.

(01-10-2017, 09:30 AM)Canard Wrote: Oh, I see - it must be designed for tablets. What a horribly unintuitive webpage.

It's the current trend ... no more separate pages.

That said, while it looks nice (if it really does come to fruition), it's not ideal for a condo location from my point of view.  Elora itself is highly walkable, but it's also very small, so really you will be quite car-dependent for the most part.
ha!
Definitely designed for tablets. Not unusable on desktop, but it's not your classic point-and-click website. But wow does it not like a square viewing window.

I'm curious how the units in St. Jacobs above the Home Hardware have done. It's a similar example of a very walkable locale, but a small locale outside of which you're very car-dependent. Maybe they pitch for a community carshare? ;-)
Condo != Can't have a Car
No, but we do tend to associate condos with higher rates of non-car ownership, and associate urban core living with higher rates of non-car ownership, and the Mill fits both of these categories, that's all.
(01-10-2017, 01:30 PM)Canard Wrote: Condo != Can't have a Car

But I would like to think that

Condo == Don't need to have a car

Not to say that the Elora Mill won't be able to sell their condos -- but they are not for me, as pretty as Elora is.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »