Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Poll: How do you (or would you) access this site or other forums on a mobile device?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mobile version of the website
68.42%
13 68.42%
Tapatalk
5.26%
1 5.26%
ForumRunner
0%
0 0%
Other third-party app
0%
0 0%
I don't access forums on a mobile device
26.32%
5 26.32%
Total 19 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mobile Access
Spokes Wrote:I haven't installed the plugin. I wanted to see if people actually use the app first.

I'll do it this morning.

Ah! Appreciate that.

The plugin is installed but I'm having issues finding it on the app. Anyone else?
Spokes Wrote:The plugin is installed but I'm having issues finding it on the app. Anyone else?

Yeah, still no luck for me.
Just so everyone knows, there is a mobile version of WRC up and running. Your mobile device will detect it automatically.

I'm still playing around with Tapatalk as the push notifications seem appealing to some
My only issue with the mobile version, is that there doesn't seem to be a way to "View New Posts"
There's a link at the top of the mobile theme that says "view new posts." Is that not showing up for you?
I think it may have had a different effect than I was expecting?
I'll have to get back to you after I use the site on a mobile for a bit.

I love that the site works nicely on mobile!

Two things I've noticed: some icons don't show up, e.g. on a thread listing page. And there's no way to get the permalink to a specific post.
(10-03-2014, 08:45 PM)mpd618 Wrote: I love that the site works nicely on mobile!

Two things I've noticed: some icons don't show up, e.g. on a thread listing page. And there's no way to get the permalink to a specific post.

I've taken care of some of the icons, but if you see any more, please PM me with the exact location and I'll take care of them.

As for the limitation, that's currently a limitation of the mobile theme. Something I'm working on though.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »