Welcome Guest! In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away. Click here to get started.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Gaslight District | HIP Developments
Have you actually been to this site, walked through the buildings and around the property? These buildings are amazing and would be a great contrast and compliment new buildings. Take a visit to the distillery district in Toronto to see what is possible.
(01-29-2017, 10:42 AM)creative Wrote: Have you actually been to this site, walked through the buildings and around the property? These buildings are amazing and would be a great contrast and compliment new buildings. Take a visit to the distillery district in Toronto to see what is possible.

I go every once in a while to the antique/consignment shop. It's old, cold, drafty, nothing special.
I am a big fan of the buildings in their current form but also believe that they could contribute to creating a unique mixed use development.
Was just at The Patch on the next block over from these, and they're shutting down / moving over to Main St. Asked one of the employees about it, apparently the entire building / block that The Patch is on was bought in addition to the Southworks buildings! But I don't remember seeing anything about the inclusion of those properties in the Gaslight development? Future development? Wonder if there's still talk of a branch of Google moving in there...