Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
88 Queen St S | 44 fl | Proposed
(12-14-2023, 01:30 PM)neonjoe Wrote: IN8 has put their redevelopment of Hamilton city centre on ice indefinitely, meaning the empty mall will just be sitting vacant. Does this signal a sign that  some of their new projects locally may be delayed as well.

The question I'd have about every project in town that hasn't yet put shovels in ground.

If this gets cancelled, I hope it's before they demolish one of the nicer looking downtown blocks...
(12-14-2023, 01:30 PM)neonjoe Wrote: IN8 has put their redevelopment of Hamilton city centre on ice indefinitely, meaning the empty mall will just be sitting vacant. Does this signal a sign that  some of their new projects locally may be delayed as well.

Considering that IN8 has applied for more than just demolition permits here I doubt they'll pull out of this project, the Hamilton project maybe, especially because of how large it is compared to all the other projects they've done. However like most projects across the country nothing is selling so it doesn't make sense from a developers perspective to market a building heavily just for it to sit not selling for months on end.
Yeah I imagine they have too much invested at this point. Just to get this far costs hundreds of thousands of dollars. Would be a waste to just cancel it all after they've had the building designed, engineered, paid for all the heritage consultants, applications, wages and so on.

I think it will be like many other projects right now, unofficially on hold until the macro economic situation of the world changes.
So the 2 towers on Borden are the last towers that need to be approved?  Hopefully We will hear about new developments or it's going to be a boring 2024.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »