Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's Missing?
So as we migrate from Wonderful Waterloo, we're trying to replicate as many of the major/important threads as possible. Samnabi is doing his best to get as much data from the site as he can, but in the meantime, anything that you can think of would be a huge help.

What threads did we have over at WW that we should have here? Give it some thought and list them here. We're constantly working to get things up and running here. It's a slow process, and it'll take time, but it will happen.

-Widget for Most Recent Posts [EDIT, whoops! This already exists under the What's New? link up top. I actually prefer this over a widget)
-Subforum for maps/diagrams/creative intenet endeavours
-Subforum for Buying/Selling (community board)
-Forum event calendar for public meetings/community events (anyone can submit an event, approved by moderation)
-Maybe a Twitter Widget? If WRC does not have its own account, a widget displaying a list would be handy
New forum template/logo would do wonders for dressing the place up.
dunkalunk Wrote:-Widget for Most Recent Posts [EDIT, whoops! This already exists under the What's New? link up top. I actually prefer this over a widget)
-Forum event calendar for public meetings/community events (anyone can submit an event, approved by moderation)
-Maybe a Twitter Widget? If WRC does not have its own account, a widget displaying a list would be handy

All great points. You and I need to talk at some point about the maps forum. I'll PM you shortly.

What were you thinking for a twitter widget? One that shows all of the sites tweets?

Oh, if you haven't added us to twitter yet, get on it - @WRConnected
DHLawrence Wrote:New forum template/logo would do wonders for dressing the place up.

Yes! To both. My primary focus over the last week has been getting the content up and running at the expense of the layout and aesthetics. I'm looking into other themes/software.

Is anyone here involved in graphics? If so can you PM me? Thanks!
I quite liked the Thanks button on posts at WW; it would be great to have something similar again.
Spokes Wrote:
dunkalunk Wrote:-Widget for Most Recent Posts [EDIT, whoops! This already exists under the What's New? link up top. I actually prefer this over a widget)

All great points. You and I need to talk at some point about the maps forum. I'll PM you shortly.

What were you thinking for a twitter widget? One that shows all of the sites tweets?

Oh, if you haven't added us to twitter yet, get on it - @WRConnected

Oh, one more thing about twitter. Go add us, and there's a couple tweets announcing the site, and providing a link. Give that a quick RT. The main way that we'll get back to 800+ users quickly is through word of mouth. I especially want previous users to find us and come back

With Doors Open coming up, it would be nice if that WW thread could be retrieved. Is that even technically possible anymore?
panamaniac Wrote:With Doors Open coming up, it would be nice if that WW thread could be retrieved. Is that even technically possible anymore?

We're doing our best to retrieve as much of the old content as possible. It takes a long time though.
dunkalunk Wrote:-Subforum for Buying/Selling (community board)

I think this one should stay missing, as it's something that's not really discussion-worthy and is done well enough by other sites.

Generally the site leadership team (once it is formed) will need to figure out what the aim and scope is, and that should guide which features are a good match.
Problem: no matter how many times I set posts to display based on time, and ascending/descending, the posts are always loaded in completely random order. I will see the first post from the 27th, then the first post from the 25th, then the third post from the 25th, then a post from the 29th, then the second post from the 25th, etc. Is this a known issue?
Viewfromthe42 Wrote:Problem: no matter how many times I set posts to display based on time, and ascending/descending, the posts are always loaded in completely random order. I will see the first post from the 27th, then the first post from the 25th, then the third post from the 25th, then a post from the 29th, then the second post from the 25th, etc. Is this a known issue?

Very weird. Is it alphabetical? I've never seen this on any of my test computers or browsers. Anyone else?

Tried clearing the cache and then setting it to display by date?
Any chance we could get the option to increase number of posts per page? After having the luxury of 50 in other forums, 10 is rather small.

Couldn't find the option in the control panel.

Is this a feature everyone wants?
Spokes Wrote:Is this a feature everyone wants?

Yep, I always like having more posts per page.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »