Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Font tags not working
There are lots of threads and in-thread posts where the font tags are displayed as text instead of (or in addition to)setting the font.  Such as:

[fon‌t=Calibri] [/font]

Can this be fixed?

(08-28-2016, 09:27 PM)tomh009 Wrote: There are lots of threads and in-thread posts where the font tags are displayed as text instead of (or in addition to)setting the font.  Such as:

[fon‌t=Calibri] [/font]
Can this be fixed?

OK, I investigated some more.  Basically font tags do work (switch to "View source" to see them).  But if I copy and paste the non-working ones, they still don't work: I need to type them in again for them to get picked up correctly.  So I think something is corrupted in the posts, and maybe pasting of font tags is not supported.

So it looks like the only way to correct these is for a mod to edit the post, remove the existing font tags, save, edit again and add new ones. If one or more of the mods have time to start gradually cleaning those up ...
Huh, I thought that it was weird copy-paste artifacts.  Perhaps nested font artifacts are not allowed, and cause things to freak out? I don't use the WYSIWYG editor, so I've never actually had to deal with this problem.

Also, I will admit, that as a mod, I've avoided correcting posts with the issue, because I don't want to be correcting weird formatting all the time.
Sorry for not getting on this sooner. Just got back from two weeks in Arizona and Colorado for a wedding. Took a brief detour to the Grand Canyon...if you haven't been, go now. But I digress.

I've noticed this too. I always thought this was an error with an individual changing the font and it screwing up.

Are people noticing this is happening as soon as they post, or after? I think the majority of the time that this happens is when text is copied and pasted from another source, it copies the formatting too. Anyone else noticing this?
Take a look at this one:
http://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/s...php?tid=14&pid=25927#pid25927

Font tags are displayed in formatted text. Now hit the Reply link -- and they are displayed correctly! But when you post your reply (you can see mine just below that one), the tags are displayed again.

Could there be a MyBB update that fixes this? Or are we already on the latest version?
Hmm.

This is an Impact test

This is a Verdana test

This is a richtext editor test

[edit] yeah okay so fonts are just a no-go, it seems. none of those tests work for me. They show as their fonts in the richtext editor, but not in the final page. Testing in the Default theme (as opposed to the "Glowing" theme), they still don't work.
I found the bug report!
https://community.mybb.com/thread-189827.html

I'll see if updating the software helps things, although by the sounds of things on that bug report it may not.
Here's another example:

http://www.waterlooregionconnected.com/s...17#pid1717
(08-30-2016, 12:38 PM)Spokes Wrote: I'll see if updating the software helps things, although by the sounds of things on that bug report it may not.

Would it be an issue with the theme/skin by any chance?
(09-04-2016, 12:34 PM)The85 Wrote:
(08-30-2016, 12:38 PM)Spokes Wrote: I'll see if updating the software helps things, although by the sounds of things on that bug report it may not.

Would it be an issue with the theme/skin by any chance?

It appears to transcend theme. Switching to the regular theme gave no results.
(09-04-2016, 12:46 PM)Markster Wrote:
(09-04-2016, 12:34 PM)The85 Wrote: Would it be an issue with the theme/skin by any chance?

It appears to transcend theme.  Switching to the regular theme gave no results.

Correct.  It seems to be an issue with the software itself.  The most common occurrence I'm seeing, like in the link Canard posted, is when content is copied from another site.  All font, size and colour attributes are copied too.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »