Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evolv1 | 3 fl | Complete
(12-10-2018, 03:49 PM)IworkinIT Wrote: I've worked in the R&T park for a number of years. The plan is to eventually have more here for workers in the way of dining/convenience. There's a brewpub coming to Factory Square as well as the existing Matter of Taste. I think Evolv 2 will also have a restaurant or pub.

But this will come in the form of lunch restaurants, it will never be a mixed use area under the current zoning.

It's funny, because the staff in charge of the place keep talking about how they want it to be more than an office park, but never ever talk about the things which force it to be nothing more than an office park.

(12-10-2018, 10:52 PM)panamaniac Wrote:
(12-10-2018, 03:49 PM)IworkinIT Wrote: I've worked in the R&T park for a number of years. The plan is to eventually have more here for workers in the way of dining/convenience. There's a brewpub coming to Factory Square as well as the existing Matter of Taste. I think Evolv 2 will also have a restaurant or pub.

Where the heck is the Waterloo location?  I've never been able to find it.

It's inside of Factory Square, which is at 451 Philip. It's a pretty nondescript building for the most part. If you're on Philip from Columbia, it's about halfway to Albert on the left-hand side. It's only open on weekdays from 7:30 until 6.
That explains it - I thought it was below Columbia, for some reason.
Got a writeup in the Globe today: https://www.theglobeandmail.com/business...new-level/
The 40ft Living Wall within Evolv1 main entrance

Attached Files Image(s)

That’s amazing.
Very cool!

Wow!
Very nice!
Now that is what I call a big, beautiful wall.
So a year later and still no pub anywhere near the park :-( 

Anyone know why they are digging near the Evolve and LRT stop?
(11-21-2019, 10:52 AM)IworkinIT Wrote: So a year later and still no pub anywhere near the park :-( 

Anyone know why they are digging near the Evolve and LRT stop?

They're putting in additional paths and landscaping near the stop: https://twitter.com/RegionWaterloo/statu...8902875136
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »