Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
App Development
Hi Everyone,  Very off topic, but I'm looking for someone to create an extremely simple android based app.  Anyone have any recommendations?

(06-21-2016, 12:57 PM)Spokes Wrote: Hi Everyone,  Very off topic, but I'm looking for someone to create an extremely simple android based app.  Anyone have any recommendations?

Me. Tongue

Can you give any indication of the realm of the app? An alarm clock is extremely-simple. Anything involving a client-server relationship (e.g. user accounts) starts to move outside of "simple" let alone "extremely simple".

I've worked on Android apps before, but I honestly wouldn't even recommend myself without knowing a few more details.
Also, consider writing it as a web page instead of as an app. That way everyone can get in on the fun. :)
I should have clarified. This is completely not WRC related.

It's for stat tracking for volleyball (I coach). Pushing a button would add one to a counter that would keep a running tally. Ideally the data could be exported somehow - to a spreadsheet, or via email.

Not sure how much that makes sense. In my head it does hah.
(06-21-2016, 05:22 PM)Spokes Wrote: It's for stat tracking for volleyball (I coach).  Pushing a button would add one to a counter that would keep a running tally.  Ideally the data could be exported somehow - to a spreadsheet, or via email.

Not sure how much that makes sense.  In my head it does hah.

What features are you looking for that aren't in existing apps? I already know of multiple startups building stat tracking apps for amateur sports, and a quick search of Google Play suggests there's many.
I've used a number of the apps, and some serve other purposes quite well. The problem is that I want to track a stat not usually tracked, but critical to our team's success.

I need to be able to track how many points we are winning or losing in a given rotation when serving, and when recieving serve. So the app might have a heading for "Rotation 1" and a W and L button next to it. This would then be logged and would say in rotation 1 when serving we won 3 times and lost 2 for a winning % of 60%
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »