Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Catalyst137
(01-31-2017, 03:34 PM)MidTowner Wrote: Great stuff for Midtown that side of Belmont to get a restaurant of that level. And a little market! And a microbrewery!

I am still waiting to hear what happened with the plan to put a Charcoal group restaurant in Breithaupt Block. I'm (pretty) sure I didn't dream that.

Intriguing.  First I'd heard of that.

I still think back to when they were going to open 2+ restaurant/bars in the Mayfair.  Ohhh what could have been.

Lots of glass and exterior work visible around the entire perimeter of the building. Very busy site!

Also, I think this is the first time I have seen how the site will connect to the IHT:
[Image: floor-plan-2016.11.07-1030x611.png]
Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
I would really hate to be the truck driver who has to navigate that parking lot to get the the loading docks in the back.
Is it known whether the gym will be open to the public?
(03-28-2017, 10:24 PM)Brenden Wrote: I would really hate to be the truck driver who has to navigate that parking lot to get the the loading docks in the back.

It would make sense for Catalyst137 to negotiate to be able to use the driveway on that side of the building.
Interesting where the restaurant is tucked away.

I almost read this as "Catalyst 1337" which would have been a funny joke
(03-29-2017, 12:35 AM)mpd618 Wrote:
(03-28-2017, 10:24 PM)Brenden Wrote: I would really hate to be the truck driver who has to navigate that parking lot to get the the loading docks in the back.

It would make sense for Catalyst137 to negotiate to be able to use the driveway on that side of the building.

It appears AirBoss and Catalyst137 each own half of the driveway, likely with easements allowing reciprocal access over each other's portion. Here's an image from the Region's GIS showing the property line:

That looks like a shared access road to both properties to me
https://goo.gl/maps/yVQcr6QKENs
Exterior panels have started to go up. Most of the windows are in.

Hard to get a good view of the progress on this one (<2MB camera phone!):

The Business Development Bank of Canada is moving their local office into Catalyst 137.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20...e-Advisory
BDC is the sort of office I would have hoped would stay Downtown.

This bit of the presser caught my eye - Graffiti, the group behind Kitchener’s popular The Berlin restaurant, is also opening a restaurant, bakery, coffee roaster, microbrewery and food market in the 475,000-square-foot building. There's going to be more there for the public than I had realized.
Yes, but I do understand BDC's rationale for going to Catalyst137.

Nice to see that they are up to 70% leased now.

https://renx.ca/catalyst137-hardware-tec...ompletion/

Not a lot of new information, but some interesting quotes:

Quote:The former Uniroyal-Goodrich tire warehouse at 137 Glasgow St. was built in 1957. It was acquired in June 2016 for $21 million and the redevelopment has been ongoing since last July. It will take $34 million in hard and soft construction costs to complete the project, according to Voisin, who added it’s on time and on budget.

Quote:While Catalyst137 isn’t targeting a LEED certification at this juncture, Voisin said it might be considered in the future. The property has an on-site storm water management system and an application has been made to install solar panels on the roof.

There’s ample room for bicycle parking and Voisin said Catalyst137 has put “a lot of money” into improving and adding entrances to the adjoining Iron Horse Trail so tenants can use it to walk, jog or bike to work.

Quote:There’s a plan to add 75,000 square feet to the building in a future expansion

It also looks like they've updated their layout slightly:

Seems strange to have moved the bike room further from the trail entrance. I still think this is a great location and if the transit hub trail is done properly it will be even better.
It might make sense to put the bike storage near the gym if there are showers and change rooms in that part of the building as well. I'd rather bike a bit extra than walk around the halls in my riding clothes.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »