Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
222 Albert Street | 12 fl | Complete
(07-16-2015, 11:34 PM)BuildingScout Wrote: I like this building.

I like all 4 of the buildings they're building at the moment.  I also like the pace that they're going up at.

http://m.therecord.com/news-story/583863...high-rises

Not as crazy as 1 Columbia but still.
Actually given how hard they worked this time around, to me it seems like local landlords were chastened by the 1 Columbia experience. Schembri came out suffering so badly from that one that they had to drop the name and change to Marq. Yes there were issues, but compared to previous years every one was quite a bit more proactive about it.
Yeah definitely better
(09-12-2015, 04:47 PM)rangersfan Wrote: http://m.therecord.com/news-story/583863...high-rises

Not as crazy as 1 Columbia but still.

Definitely not as bad but not ideal.  I don't envy anyone moving around universities near the start of september, what a disaster.
Walking up Albert the other day this building (and the one behind it) looked really nice in the late summer sun and early fall colours.
Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
(09-18-2015, 10:03 PM)Pheidippides Wrote: Walking up Albert the other day this building (and the one behind it) looked really nice in the late summer sun and early fall colours.

pic..?

(09-18-2015, 10:03 PM)Pheidippides Wrote: Walking up Albert the other day this building (and the one behind it) looked really nice in the late summer sun and early fall colours.

I drove by today (first time in a long time on Albert) and it does look pretty good.  Maybe not award-winning, but interesting enough to be sure.

But 226 (?) next to it wasn't so nice ... or will it be better once the cladding is on?
(09-19-2015, 10:35 PM)tomh009 Wrote: I drove by today (first time in a long time on Albert) and it does look pretty good.  Maybe not award-winning, but interesting enough to be sure.

But 226 (?) next to it wasn't so nice ... or will it be better once the cladding is on?

I'll say 222 Albert St. is the nicest apartment building since The 42.

I'm too not impressed with 226 Albert. For one it over uses glass spandrel, which is a pet peeve of mine.
Yes, I agree that these buildings, especially 222, are nice.. 2 things however: 1. Why on Earth do they use blue tinted glass for the windows?! WHY?! and 2. at night, all these Prica/ASP buildings use blue fluorescent bulbs that look absolutely hideous... worse than a hospital or prison. Wow. I hope residents start replacing them with warm lighting.
October 15, 2015
[Image: 2qtv9qa.jpg]

[Image: 2s6onbc.jpg]

[Image: 33ehs1x.jpg]
Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
Love the balconies!
There are signs in the windows of the ground floor retail here announcing a new tenant.

http://m.wisegeek.org/what-is-spandrel-glass.htm

(In case you had to look it up, like I did.)

I actually love the funky lighting in the multi-storey atriums on the buildings on University near Albert. So futuristic - finally!
I'm not wild about the looks of the podium, but it's certainly better than average for what it is.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »