Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Debrodniks Donuts
Oh, that's too bad (for me). I really enjoyed their donuts, but Forest Glen is a bit too far for me. It's probably better for my waistline that way. :-D

Are they moving into the standalone building that's closest to the street?
It looks like it's just one of the strip units
Was about to post the Forest Glen news only to realize Lens beat me to it.

Forest Glen is my local plaza. This will not be good for my waistline, I predict.
Anticipation...!

[Image: bGmINVo.jpg]
THIS : https://twitter.com/debrodniksdonut/stat...8790590464

Congrats to that Coke6pk guy! Wink
So the donut shop has opened?

Nope, still under construction (you can see bare steel studs in my photo above).
I emailed them to ask about the pre-orders and they said their current estimated opening date is July 13th.

https://t.co/x2X6iRvy0C

Picking up my Debrodnik's prize pack, and Lens should be happy that I'm rocking one of his shirts! Wink

(Unfortunately, there were no donuts in the cards that day) Sad

Coke
The store had a soft open this morning (limited quantity, cash sale only). I saw the tweet too late or I would have been there myself.
Photo 
My hubby picked up a couple of Debrodniks Donuts today.  

My opinion: meh.   What was the big deal about?  I found the donuts expensive, big, heavy and too sweet.   I was hoping they would be similar to Pączki but no such luck.   
I very nearly went in this morning while driving by, but good sense and blood sugar awareness took hold and I just kept driving.  In any event, I see media pieces today about "artisanal donuts" being the hot new thing, so these folks seem very on trend, whether by design or by accident.  Are they going for "homey" or "gourmet"?  Do they serve coffee?

(07-25-2016, 02:28 PM)panamaniac Wrote: I very nearly went in this morning while driving by, but good sense and blood sugar awareness took hold and I just kept driving.  In any event, I see media pieces today about "artisanal donuts" being the hot new thing, so these folks seem very on trend, whether by design or by accident.  Are they going for "homey" or "gourmet"?  Do they serve coffee?

Hubby says they just sell donuts.
I got some donuts this morning.  They're classic donuts and I think they're pretty good.  They're obviously sweet, but they're not sickeningly sweet like Tim Hortons.  Then again, I'm not a donut expert, the only donuts I've had in the past many years are from Tim Hortons or Krispy Kreme.

I wouldn't call them gourmet, I would call them high quality classic donuts. They didn't have coffee but they're still in soft opening mode and trying to figure things out.  They have enough room for a coffee station so here's hoping.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »