Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Debrodniks Donuts

I'm not sure why, but this commercial makes me think of the Ty Ty Nursery ads from Georgia.

Kinda cute but I don't trust that panda.

When I used to eat eggs the donuts from Norris Bakery were my favourite in town.
I've heard of Debrodniks Doughnuts but I've never seen them anywhere. Do they really exist?
(05-15-2016, 10:19 PM)panamaniac Wrote: I've heard of Debrodniks Doughnuts but I've never seen them anywhere.  Do they really exist?

They existed as a weekend thing at Debrodnik's when it was a cafe at King/University. Then it existed as a weekend pop-up for a while in a nondescript building on Borden Street. Currently they don't exist anywhere, but the video suggests that will change.
Pending that, and in addition to Norris, I'm told that "Jimmy's Minis" on Lorraine near Lackner has good old-style doughnuts.
Canard. May I ask where you found that video? I would very much like to post it somewhere else.
(05-15-2016, 11:13 PM)Elmira Guy Wrote: Canard. May I ask where you found that video? I would very much like to post it somewhere else.

Can't speak for Canard, but Debrodnik's tweeted it.

(05-15-2016, 11:06 PM)panamaniac Wrote: Pending that, and in addition to Norris, I'm told that "Jimmy's Minis" on Lorraine near Lackner has good old-style doughnuts.

I'll have to check them out. I hadn't even heard of them and I live less than a 5 minute drive away!
(05-16-2016, 07:59 AM)jamincan Wrote:
(05-15-2016, 11:06 PM)panamaniac Wrote: Pending that, and in addition to Norris, I'm told that "Jimmy's Minis" on Lorraine near Lackner has good old-style doughnuts.

I'll have to check them out. I hadn't even heard of them and I live less than a 5 minute drive away!

There was an article about them in the Record a few months back - the Record's business reporting, including its support for small local business, is one of the few things that keeps me reading that paper!
Cheers mpd618
(05-15-2016, 10:13 PM)clasher Wrote: Kinda cute but I don't trust that panda.

When I used to eat eggs the donuts from Norris Bakery were my favourite in town.

You should just eat around the eggs in the doughnuts   Big Grin   that way you can still enjoy a doughnut
I have no idea why, but I really like that video. Smile
I had a donut from there once and it was easily the best donut I have ever had.

Jimmy's are pretty good as well.

If we get a corgi it has been long established that I am naming him donut
The sign is up at Forest Glen plaza
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »