Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Members
Photo 

I just noticed there are 500 members here at Waterloo Region Connected.

Congratulations, Justin.

Are we about due for another round of members' funding support for WRC?
Wow. I can't believe it. Or maybe I can.

When I first started this site, it was done very quickly. In August 2015 Wonderful Waterloo was falling apart, but I knew, Waterloo Region deserved an online community. So despite the fact that I had very little background in running websites, I decided to give it a go. I remember thinking, how on earth will people find out about Waterloo Region Connected. After all I wasn't able to post on Wonderful Waterloo at the time. DHLawrence helped me out with that (thanks!!) by posting a message for me. The next thing I knew there were 5 members, then 10, then 20. This was actually happening. The site was thrown together quickly though. It was in October that the site was rebranded and redesigned as WRConnected. And here we are today. I always knew there was a demand for this type of thing, but the response has simply been amazing.

I want to thank, first of all the rest of the admin team and moderators, you've helped with the site more than you know, you guys rock! And I want to thank all of you. You are WRConnected. Without all of you, it'd simply be me posting about Waterloo Region news for myself. Which makes me sound crazy. So thanks for making this an amazing community (and not making me some crazy guy talking to myself on the internet!)
Thanks Spokes for all of your hard work so far.

On a related note, I wonder what the demographics are for the membership base. I have a feeling that it may be a lot broader than some might expect.
(04-25-2016, 12:54 PM)nms Wrote: Thanks Spokes for all of your hard work so far.

On a related note, I wonder what the demographics are for the membership base.  I have a feeling that it may be a lot broader than some might expect.

I think you might be right.  I've contemplated a membership survey just to get an idea of who's using the site.
Due to the increased amount of infrastructure spending the region has been forced to cut spending wherever possible!!

Attached Files Image(s)

(04-22-2016, 08:05 PM)panamaniac Wrote: Are we about due for another round of members' funding support for WRC?

I hadn't planned to do another promotion like I did last summer until bills are "due" but the donation page is always open.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »