Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Public/Street Art in Waterloo Region
Nice initiative. Hope it goes well for them.

Now, about that blank wall at the end of the townhouse row at Benton and Courtland ...

(03-02-2017, 10:01 AM)panamaniac Wrote: Now, about that blank wall at the end of the townhouse row at Benton and Courtland ...

That concrete block wall sure isn't pretty (a byproduct of tearing down the last rowhouse unit for the Benton St widening in the 1970s).  But it's the property of the (now) end unit's owner so the city can't do anything about it unilaterally, and I suspect the owner also isn't keen on spending a lot of money on that.
I know. I was just waving my urban development magic wand, set to "murals". Wink
Oh that is fantastic. I can't wait to see what they come up with!
Does anyone know why the art project for the former Waterloo County Courthouse at 20 Weber St E, Kitchener has been delayed?

It was authorized in 2014, and was to be installed in spring 2015, but as of September 2016 was listed as delayed.
Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
I have long wondered the same thing.
There's still plywood pieces and traffic cones there, if I recall. Something must have run into a problem.

A statue of Sir Robert Borden has joined those of Sir John A., Mackenzie King, and L.B. Pearson along the Prime Ministers' Path at Castle Kilbride in Baden.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/kitchener-...-1.4391043
Borden, seriously? I'd have picked Laurier or P.E. Trudeau first, personally.
I don't know how they are determining the order in which the statues are being made. I'm guessing the artist(s) have their practical reasons.
Borden was also PM during the 50th Anniversary of Confederation. I'm certain that I read somewhere that after Sir John A, they wanted to start with Borden and Pearson because of the 50th and 100th anniversaries of Confederation. There are two more statues in the active pipeline but their names won't be revealed until closer to their installation.
I nabbed this from the Ion thread:    https://calendar.regionofwaterloo.ca/Cou...19,%202018

So glad to see that Daetwyler's "Past/Present/Future" is finally going to be installed at the old County Courthouse (Queen at Weber).  It's been what, three years since the commission was awarded?
Alas, the link is broken ...

I think it's OK now - it's from post #11,112 (!) of the Ion thread.
The art work at the cold courthouse at Weber and Queen has had its long over-due project installed.
Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »