Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Public/Street Art in Waterloo Region
Smile The attached files will show below the green bar once you have added them.

OK, we will end our conversation here, because my reply would leave you convinced that I'm yanking your chain (which I swear I am not!).
How to attach a file.
In GIF Form!

Follow me down below!

It's added, now I need to embed it in the post!

See!  The attachment is added now!

Now I click post!

And here is the video I recorded of me doing that:
[Image: zFLZSSU.gif]
ugh, it didn't capture my cursor. dang it. I'll have to redo later.
In 'New Reply,' it's right above the 'Post Reply' button. I have no idea how I never noticed it, so thank you!

Here's the picture. Technically, I guess it is not adjacent to the Spur Line Trail as it detours onto Moore around Len's Mills. But I don't think anyone is honouring that detour. We noticed this piece of artwork being completed last week.

Attached Files Image(s)

Thanks! The artwork isn't really my style, but it does fit in with Len's Mill Store, and it's certainly far better than a bare wall. Happy to see it there.
(06-01-2016, 11:36 AM)panamaniac Wrote: OK, we will end our conversation here, because my reply would leave you convinced that I'm yanking your chain (which I swear I am not!).

If Mark's video doesn't clarify it, I can provide a personal demonstration at the Arrow rooftop!  Smile
(06-01-2016, 01:24 PM)tomh009 Wrote: Thanks!  The artwork isn't really my style, but it does fit in with Len's Mill Store, and it's certainly far better than a bare wall.  Happy to see it there.

The CAFKA pieces are normally intended to be temporary, although there is a big mural on the side of Elements that is still there from the last biennal.  In fact, it was only recently uncovered after a huge Coors beer sign was installed over it some time ago.  (!)

(06-01-2016, 12:01 PM)Markster Wrote: How to attach a file.
In GIF Form!

Follow me down below!

It's added, now I need to embed it in the post!

See!  The attachment is added now!

Now I click post!

Believe it or not, I may have actually understood - I don't think I had ever used "New Reply" before, so the screens being described didn't seem to correspond to anything I had seen on my computer.  Par for the course, for me. 

And here is the video I recorded of me doing that:
[Image: zFLZSSU.gif]
ugh, it didn't capture my cursor.  dang it. I'll have to redo later.
With regard to the art installation on the back of Len's, I don't understand the detour comment - does the trail not run right through their parking lot?  It's certainly a straight shot there with a marked crossing.  Where is the supposed detour?

This installation makes me smile every time I ride past it, I hope it stays for some time, and isn't temporary.  I saw them putting it up the one day and gave them a big thumbs up as I zipped past.
(06-05-2016, 08:04 AM)Canard Wrote: With regard to the art installation on the back of Len's, I don't understand the detour comment - does the trail not run right through their parking lot?  It's certainly a straight shot there with a marked crossing.  Where is the supposed detour?

It looks like the trail runs through the parking lot, doesn't it? Maps show it too. But at the public information centers for the Spur Line trail they said that the trail technically detours onto Moore, Waterloo, and Roger, because it's not actually a trail through the parking lot.
(06-05-2016, 08:56 AM)plam Wrote:
(06-05-2016, 08:04 AM)Canard Wrote: With regard to the art installation on the back of Len's, I don't understand the detour comment - does the trail not run right through their parking lot?  It's certainly a straight shot there with a marked crossing.  Where is the supposed detour?

It looks like the trail runs through the parking lot, doesn't it? Maps show it too. But at the public information centers for the Spur Line trail they said that the trail technically detours onto Moore, Waterloo, and Roger, because it's not actually a trail through the parking lot.

Correct, and there are small signs at the trail entrances indicating that it is not officially a through pathway and legally you should detour. I'm sure that's just for liability purposes until the whole situation is sorted out with Len's.
Yeah, the land is owned by the Region, but there's a longstanding encroachment agreement, so it's very grey area. So for liability reasons, the Region says go around, and Lens' says go around, so if you scrape your knee while you're there, you can't sue them.
(06-05-2016, 12:56 PM)Markster Wrote: Yeah, the land is owned by the Region, but there's a longstanding encroachment agreement, so it's very grey area.  So for liability reasons, the Region says go around, and Lens' says go around, so if you scrape your knee while you're there, you can't sue them.

Didn't we also read here something about minimum parking requirements and Len's not being allowed to not have those parking spaces with its current zoning?

(06-05-2016, 12:56 PM)Markster Wrote: Yeah, the land is owned by the Region, but there's a longstanding encroachment agreement, so it's very grey area.  So for liability reasons, the Region says go around, and Lens' says go around, so if you scrape your knee while you're there, you can't sue them.

Sure you could litigate, signs don't mitigate .... I love the law it's a great bloodsport with other people's money!
Neruda Arts is seeking visual artists for a paid mural project as part of the Canada 150 celebrations.
The theme is around Canadian identity and belonging, and this mural will be a cornerstone of the community for years to come.
Artists of all experience levels welcome to apply. 
Deadline for expressions of interest is coming up on March 10.
Visit website below for full details

http://www.nerudaarts.ca/events/canada-1...s-interest

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »