Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Descendants Beer and Beverage
(05-02-2016, 06:03 PM)panamaniac Wrote: As soon as you open it to preferences, midtowner, you're likely to set off a long and inconclusive discussion. Just choose the Wednesday evening or a weekend afternoon and see who pitches up.

Okay, fair point. Since Chris was good enough to set up the doodle, and at least timc has indicated that Saturday the 14th is good, I'll set the date as Saturday, May 14th at 2:00pm. I will be there, hopefully not drinking alone. I'll check the doodle and this forum, and if there seems to be enough interest I'll call about getting a table reserved. Otherwise, I'll see who turns up on the 14th!

I'm helping a friend move on the 14th, but I'll try to make it over as soon as we're done.
This 165 degree photograph is from the "Descendants Beer" Twitter page.  

Web page: http://www.descendantsbeer.com/

Photo Attribution: From Decendants Brew Twitter Banner  - https://twitter.com/Descendantsbeer

[Image: 8Zvrqu8.jpg]
Simple but very cool.
(05-04-2016, 09:24 PM)Spokes Wrote: I'm helping a friend move on the 14th, but I'll try to make it over as soon as we're done.

Bring him along so he can buy you the beer he'll owe you!
(05-05-2016, 08:25 AM)Spokes Wrote: Simple but very cool.

It reminds me of a beer hall. No need to be fancy here.
(05-03-2016, 11:02 AM)MidTowner Wrote:
(05-02-2016, 06:03 PM)panamaniac Wrote: As soon as you open it to preferences, midtowner, you're likely to set off a long and inconclusive discussion. Just choose the Wednesday evening or a weekend afternoon and see who pitches up.

Okay, fair point. Since Chris was good enough to set up the doodle, and at least timc has indicated that Saturday the 14th is good, I'll set the date as Saturday, May 14th at 2:00pm. I will be there, hopefully not drinking alone. I'll check the doodle and this forum, and if there seems to be enough interest I'll call about getting a table reserved. Otherwise, I'll see who turns up on the 14th!

Very little take-up on a get-together this Saturday afternoon, it seems. I'll be there at 2:00, but am really hoping not to be there drinking alone!

I'm afraid I won't be able to make it. I hope it works out though!
Realising that I'm not a significant contributor here, I am planning on coming out. On general principle I can't pass up an opportunity to try new beer.
I may wear a sign that says "Elmira Guy".
Unfortunately, something has come up and I won't be able to attend.
The time coincides with the annual meeting of the Waterloo Historical Society, so count me out, unfortunately.
So uhh... is this happening tomorrow?
I'm still going, but it might just be you and me, Elmira Guy! If you don't manage to make a sign, I'll look for someone who looks like he's from Elmira. I'm wearing an orange shirt today, so that'll be me. Hopefully it's more than just the two of us...

Damnit! As I didn't see any response until now, I went ahead and made other plans. Sad I am sorry MidTowner, but I won't be there either.

Kind of disappointed as I have never been to a "meet" for this group or it's earlier incarnation.

Again, sorry MidTowner.
No problem, Elmira Guy! Sorry it didn't work out, but I went anyway and at least got my growler filled.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »