Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Descendants Beer and Beverage
Are they brewing on Site yet or are the varieties they have on site still coming from Railway City in St Thomas?
Do they have any brews that aren't the ones available at the LCBO?

There were several there that are not available at the LCBO. I believe it was six on offer when I was there yesterday.

I went yesterday afternoon, and there were quite a few people around.
(04-10-2016, 11:15 PM)MidTowner Wrote: By the way, when they are completely open, I suggest this might be a good place for a WRC meetup.

Are you volunteering to organize? Wink
Lots of folks in this afternoon!
(05-01-2016, 02:27 PM)tomh009 Wrote:
(04-10-2016, 11:15 PM)MidTowner Wrote: By the way, when they are completely open, I suggest this might be a good place for a WRC meetup.

Are you volunteering to organize? Wink

Rather than attempting to organize, how about if MidTowner just sets a date and time and we come if we can?   We sort of missed the opportunity to visit YKF last fall because of difficulties in organizing the group.
(05-01-2016, 05:59 PM)panamaniac Wrote:
(05-01-2016, 02:27 PM)tomh009 Wrote: Are you volunteering to organize? Wink

Rather than attempting to organize, how about if MidTowner just sets a date and time and we come if we can?   We sort of missed the opportunity to visit YKF last fall because of difficulties in organizing the group.

I agree -- to me, that counts as organizing!  We can get an approximate GTG headcount here so we can reserve a table (or multiple tables).
Went on Saturday. Love the artwork on the Victoria side wall. Picnic tables mean (love it or hate it) that you'll be close to neighbours when the place gets busy. There were six beers on the list, with I think eight total taps ($14 for a four-IKEA-glass sample tray), and the non-LCBO beers were very good. Next time I'll try their non-LCBO, non-tap, bottle-only offerings.

(05-01-2016, 09:03 AM)neonjoe Wrote: Are they brewing on Site yet or are the varieties they have on site still coming from Railway City in St Thomas?
Do they have any brews that aren't the ones available at the LCBO?

When I went on Friday they had a pilsner, coconut stout and bock in bottles. I didn't see if these were on the draft side as I was doing a quick grab and go.
thanks for the info guys...
(05-01-2016, 05:59 PM)panamaniac Wrote: Rather than attempting to organize, how about if MidTowner just sets a date and time and we come if we can?   We sort of missed the opportunity to visit YKF last fall because of difficulties in organizing the group.

I can do that. Do we generally prefer a Saturday afternoon, Sunday afternoon, or weekday night?

I’ll throw out the evening of next Wednesday the 11th since they don’t have a patio to enjoy on an afternoon anyway and they might be less busy on a weekday night. But if there’s a preference for a Saturday or Sunday afternoon, we can do that too.
I'm happy with either weekday or weekend in general ... but am traveling for work during the week for the next two weeks so will miss next week's GTG.
As soon as you open it to preferences, midtowner, you're likely to set off a long and inconclusive discussion. Just choose the Wednesday evening or a weekend afternoon and see who pitches up.
Can I suggest using Doodle to pick a time? No sign up necessary.

I set up an example here http://doodle.com/poll/n3svvtf8sg3i8ye7

Just an example of an easy way to plan with a larger group, by no means am I trying to take over planning.

Works for me! Wink
Unfortunately, I can't attend either date. Normally Saturday afternoons would work, though, and I'd love to meet up with folks another time.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »