Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Descendants Beer and Beverage
Descendants will be (soft) opening their new location on Victoria St N. as this Friday, although that may be delayed a bit.  I recall people wondering what kind of operation it will be and the answer is brew pub.  There will be seating for those sampling the beverages and there will be food.  I am looking forward to checking it out, hopefully within the week!

Awesome! I'll try my best to be there Friday if they do open then. I consider this to be as good as downtown Kitchener, and it's a very good sign that we have a brewpub opening downtown.
(04-10-2016, 09:39 PM)MidTowner Wrote: Awesome! I'll try my best to be there Friday if they do open then. I consider this to be as good as downtown Kitchener, and it's a very good sign that we have a brewpub opening downtown.

Don't be surprised if they miss that date - they seem to have a good deal of work yet to do.  I'll drive by on Friday afternoon and report back if I can.
(04-10-2016, 10:48 PM)panamaniac Wrote: Don't be surprised if they miss that date - they seem to have a good deal of work yet to do.  I'll drive by on Friday afternoon and report back if I can.

Thank you in advance! By the way, when they are completely open, I suggest this might be a good place for a WRC meetup.
Where on Victoria are they?
Victoria between St. Leger and Lancaster.
(04-10-2016, 09:39 PM)MidTowner Wrote: Awesome! I'll try my best to be there Friday if they do open then. I consider this to be as good as downtown Kitchener, and it's a very good sign that we have a brewpub opening downtown.

That really stretches the definition of "downtown", doesn't it?

(04-11-2016, 08:39 AM)timc Wrote: That really stretches the definition of "downtown", doesn't it?

That's exactly why I said "I consider this to be as good as downtown." I know that it is not actually downtown by any definition. But it's a short walk from downtown Kitchener to their spot.

I imagine that finding the right site for this kind of operation would be a challenge (as Descendants and Together We're Bitter both found). The fact that they tried to find one so near to downtown is great.
Any update on this? I haven't seen anything else about opening today.
(04-15-2016, 11:18 AM)timc Wrote: Any update on this? I haven't seen anything else about opening today.

I won't get a chance to drive by until later this afternoon, but I have my doubts - yesterday, they were doing road repairs out front and it was a mess of trucks.   If they do open, it will be "soft".
As far as I can tell, Descendants is not yet open - the road work outside is continuing and it's a bit of a mess out front right now. The big sign out front is back up, after disappearing for a few weeks. I'm sorry if I spoiled anyone's plans for this evening, but i'm sure they'll be open very soon! By the way, Smile Tiger down the street looks like it is set to open very soon as well.
For those who aren't connected, Descendants has posted on their Facebook page and on Twitter that they are (soft) opening today, at 4 pm.
It was busy when I stuck my head in at about 5pm.  The interior is quite spacious - a bit spartan in terms of décor, but it works for a "beer factory".  I hope to get in tomorrow to do a bit of sampling - I tried a Harbinger APA at the Apollo a while back and thought it was OK.  Time to try a few more!

http://www.descendantsbeer.com/general/we-are-opening/
Quote:Our hours right now are 12:00pm-8:00pm Monday-Saturday, 12:00pm-6:00pm Sunday. Once we have our Tide House license we will extend our hours.
So good!  Reynard the Fox is fantastic, and will be my new go-to beer!

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »