Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arabella Park Beer Bar
Honey Bake Shop has a sign in their window saying they've moved. Unfortunately, the new address is on King St South in Kitchener which doesn't exist. No one picked up at the listed number. Does anyone know where they actually relocated to?

Sorry, this was meant to go in the general food thread.

Attached Files Image(s)

(12-08-2016, 10:12 AM)jwilliamson Wrote: Honey Bake Shop has a sign in their window saying they've moved. Unfortunately, the new address is on King St South in Kitchener which doesn't exist. No one picked up at the listed number. Does anyone know where they actually relocated to?

Sorry, this was meant to go in the general food thread.

Looks like its King West
https://www.unitybaking.com/password
Yes, it's the former juice bar just W of Water on King.
It's vaguely reassuring to know that even people who live in K-W don't understand the local road directions! Wink
(12-08-2016, 10:46 AM)panamaniac Wrote: It's vaguely reassuring to know that even people who live in K-W don't understand the local road directions! Wink

Cuz streets that go North go East, South goes West. North means South, West mean East....

It's on purpose, it traps people in the city so they give up trying to leave...
(12-09-2016, 03:20 AM)jeffster Wrote:
(12-08-2016, 10:46 AM)panamaniac Wrote: It's vaguely reassuring to know that even people who live in K-W don't understand the local road directions! Wink

Cuz streets that go North go East, South goes West. North means South, West mean East....

It's on purpose, it traps people in the city so they give up trying to leave...

I was once stopped by and out-of-towner in front of Kitchener City Hall and asked how to get to Waterloo.  Feeling a bit evil, I told him to drive north on King West until the road became King St South.  Then just keep going a few blocks to get to Uptown Waterloo.  I loved the look of confusion on his face!  Wink
Has anyone been to Arabella Beer Park yet? I'd be curious to know whether they have that rarest of creatures, a friendly, chatty bartender.

I'll be heading there this weekend, but I tend to frequent places with friendly bartenders who aren't chatty, due to business being brisk and the joint being popular.

It was worse until the '50s, when a number of streets were renamed to remove duplicates. Kitchener used to have Albert, Princess, and William, while Waterloo had Cedar, Duke, and Queen.
Stopped by tonight, it was very busy and the bartenders were friendly but not chatty as they simply didn't have the time!

Really like the vibe and the beer selection was excellent. The cask pour of GLB Winter Ale really hit the spot.
Was in there tonight with my wife and it was hopping. Had the pork belly sandwich - absolutely delicious. Great choice of beers, tried the bourbon barrel aged Nickel Brook, wow, awesome! My only complaint is the loud music playing in the background, making it hard for conversation.
(12-17-2016, 10:12 PM)schooner77 Wrote: Was in there tonight with my wife and it was hopping. Had the pork belly sandwich - absolutely delicious. Great choice of beers, tried the bourbon barrel aged Nickel Brook, wow, awesome! My only complaint is the loud music playing in the background, making it hard for conversation.

Who's the crowd?  I'm assuming that it's not the Westmount "ladies who lunch" that one tends to encounter across the street on weekdays.  Smile
Been very impressed with this place. If memory serves, the owners aren't "restaurant" people, but just people with a passion, which makes it that much more impressive.

I would say the crowd is 25 to 35, larger groups, definitely not intimate settings. It has a very interesting set up, mostly longer tables, with smaller tables at the back, but in a position to be pulled together. The decor is quite modern and minimalist in nature. As well, you must order everything from the bar. The food is delivered to you, but all drinks are ordered up front. They keep your credit card if you want to run a tab, which I'm not sure I'm fussy about. Definitely worth the experience. And most importantly, they have a great selection of beer.
the best idea in this place is to order 5oz beers and try a bunch! also the food is amazing... especially the fries.

highly recommended
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »