Welcome Guest!
WIn order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Today's Weather
(03-24-2016, 07:43 PM)jordan2423 Wrote: lol Laurier is a joke of a school.
Now, now… it's the second best university in the region (assuming you don't count the McMaster satellite).
(03-24-2016, 07:43 PM)jordan2423 Wrote:
(03-24-2016, 10:04 AM)Viewfromthe42 Wrote: Laurier, Conestoga, and UW Cambridge are closed. Pretty consistent, UW main campus aside.

lol Laurier is a joke of a school.

Oh you are so smug in your righteousness jordan2423! 

Not sure your personal bias and angst is what this forum considers a form of civil discourse
April as a month might turn out to be snowier than December was…

I know that it’s not exceedingly unusual to get a spring snow or two, but this winter has made me soft and I want to see green, not white.
Tree down on Market lane (already cleared by the time we left):

Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
Well, the forecast is calling for rain to start later this morning, and keep on going until Sunday. That’s not good, especially as yesterday was the first day in several when we didn’t get rain (though KW has received a lot less this past week than some neighbouring regions).

And, of course, we’re heading into a cold snap which may well get cold enough to threaten some of those buds out there that have already broken.
These April Showers are really persistent
Hopefully flooding doesn't get out of hand!
It seems like the Nith floods almost every year in New Hamburg. I assume it is a possibility again this time around.
(05-04-2017, 09:38 AM)timc Wrote: It seems like the Nith floods almost every year in New Hamburg. I assume it is a possibility again this time around.

The Nith runs behind our place, separated by a large farmers' field.  I don't expect the Nith to flood (near Perry's Corners) but the farms are so saturated that it could become a temporary lake and meld with the river.  That would be the worst case scenario.   I don't expect that to happen but I'll post pictures if it's newsy.
I don’t think you are exaggerating when you say almost every year- but that’s what rivers used to do before we put them under as much management as we now do. The area just above New Hamburg is a floor plain for the Nith- it does seem likely it would flood this year, given the unusual amount of rain.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »