Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Cortes on King | 6 fl | Complete
I kind of like the colour of the brick on the side. I can't discern Pheidippides' 'redish flecks,' to me it just looks yellow-beige but reminds me vaguely of some of our old industrial buildings.

It's not looking exciting, but it's not looking ugly either.

It has something to do with the proportions and layout but to me it still looks stunted. It doesn't look like a mostly horizontal building, like The 42, but rather like a building which was meant to be 12 stories high but stopped growing at 6. Tongue
Given the neighbourhood and the design of the building, I do think the revised colours work better.  In Pheippides' photo, it almost looks like the yellow brick traditional to the region.
Anything that is not EIFS (Exterior Insulation and Finish System) is a blessed relief.
(02-15-2016, 08:53 PM)eizenstriet Wrote: Anything that is not EIFS (Exterior Insulation and Finish System) is a blessed relief.

EIFS can be used for either good or evil.  It's just technology.  Big Grin
(02-15-2016, 09:52 PM)tomh009 Wrote:
(02-15-2016, 08:53 PM)eizenstriet Wrote: Anything that is not EIFS (Exterior Insulation and Finish System) is a blessed relief.

EIFS can be used for either good or evil.  It's just technology.  Big Grin

Insert mustard gas joke here. Big Grin

(02-15-2016, 10:19 PM)eizenstriet Wrote:
(02-15-2016, 09:52 PM)tomh009 Wrote: EIFS can be used for either good or evil.  It's just technology.  Big Grin

Insert mustard gas joke here. Big Grin

One word only: chemotherapy! Wink
(02-15-2016, 10:32 PM)tomh009 Wrote:
(02-15-2016, 10:19 PM)eizenstriet Wrote: Insert mustard gas joke here. Big Grin

One word only: chemotherapy! Wink

We are gradually zeroing in on the essence of EIFS.
We should really start a separate thread to discuss EIFS rather than hijacking this one ...

Amen to that my friend !!!
(02-15-2016, 10:42 PM)tomh009 Wrote: We should really start a separate thread to discuss EIFS rather than hijacking this one ...

I really don't think that's needed.  I think we can just get back to the Cortes

Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.

That strange dark coloured brick really brings out the blandness of the bland brick.
Is that brick or some kind of pre-cast or stucco?  The effect is weird, like they ran out of the brick they were using on the front and had to switch to something else.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »