Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pizza
(07-04-2019, 04:57 PM)tomh009 Wrote:
(07-04-2019, 04:55 PM)urbd Wrote: Not sure if this has been mentioned, but the pizza at Stark & Perri in Uptown is pretty amazing. My favourite in the region by far. Large and pitcher for $28, great deal.

When recommending pizza, it's always good to mention what kind of pizza it is -- people have very different preferences.

Pretty sure I could manage a large pizza and pitcher for $28 without being too particular about it.  lol,

See, I personally prefer quality over quantity, so I would probably rather have a really good small pizza and a pint of good craft beer. Smile
(04-19-2018, 04:14 PM)neonjoe Wrote: Looks like a new Pizza Chain is opening next to Starbucks in Fairview Park.
http://www.pi-co.ca/ - see coming soon section.

We took the ION to Fairview Park to try the pizza at Pi.Co.  And we really liked it.  We liked is so much that we will definitely return. 

They have only one size of pizza (9 inches?) cut into four slices.  They have many toppings available and you can add as many items as you like.  There is no charge for the extra items!  The pizza is placed into a very hot (720C+) oven for about a minute and a half.  The pizza is a thin crust Neapolitan style pizza that's nice and hot and chewy.   The pizzeria is rather stark but clean and there is a patio outside.  There are tables and booths inside but most people did take-out.  It is not licensed. You can't access Pi.Co from the mall but it is only a two minute walk from the ION station.
Speaking of pizza, does McMullens still have their pizza and beer special? I can't remember the cost, but I seem to recall it being insanely inexpensive.
Wasn't McMullan's planning on closing?
(08-04-2019, 04:02 PM)jeffster Wrote: Speaking of pizza, does McMullens still have their pizza and beer special? I can't remember the cost, but I seem to recall it being insanely inexpensive.
Yes I believe so, I went last night and they have a Pitcher and Pizza special for around $26
All Boston Pizza locations in KW except Bingeman's have closed (Temporarily?)

https://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/mobile/trio...-1.4780860

(01-24-2020, 01:17 AM)TMKM94 Wrote: All Boston Pizza locations in KW except Bingeman's have closed (Temporarily?)

I never really understood that name. I lived in Boston (well, Cambridge MA) for 6 years and pizza really wasn't a famous thing from Boston. I guess they just chose a random place to name their chain after.
Totally... it sounds nice and allows them to make their own pizza without being compared to 'classic Boston style pizza'
It was picked by a Greek immigrant in the 60s, long before there were franchises.
(01-24-2020, 01:22 AM)plam Wrote:
(01-24-2020, 01:17 AM)TMKM94 Wrote: All Boston Pizza locations in KW except Bingeman's have closed (Temporarily?)

I never really understood that name. I lived in Boston (well, Cambridge MA) for 6 years and pizza really wasn't a famous thing from Boston. I guess they just chose a random place to name their chain after.

It seems to be a popular Canadian thing to do, and I guess it shows just how much we love America, because, when an American comes to Canada, they can have New York Fries, or Boston Pizza, get a steak from Montana's, a pita from New York Pita Company, play some snooker at Chicago and feel just like their at home....I don't know if there are any American restaurants with Canadian names tho.
(01-28-2021, 05:42 PM)danbrotherston Wrote: That being said, am I the ONLY one excited about Chicago deep dish style pizza?!

Stone oven-baked thin-crust pizza FTW! Big Grin
(01-28-2021, 05:42 PM)danbrotherston Wrote:
(01-28-2021, 05:39 PM)jamincan Wrote: I don't think what they call Canadian bacon is the same as peameal bacon, though, is it? Isn't it basically that fake ham stuff?

I'm fairly certain it is, or at least, that's what I would expect when I hear Canadian bacon in the US.

That being said, am I the ONLY one excited about Chicago deep dish style pizza?!

I had one in Chicago once. It was really heavy! Sure, I'd try it.

(01-29-2021, 04:36 AM)plam Wrote:
(01-28-2021, 05:42 PM)danbrotherston Wrote: I'm fairly certain it is, or at least, that's what I would expect when I hear Canadian bacon in the US.

That being said, am I the ONLY one excited about Chicago deep dish style pizza?!

I had one in Chicago once. It was really heavy! Sure, I'd try it.

Lol, I mean, heavy is an accurate description, but not exactly a ringing endorsement for a food.

I had one in the Chicago airport.  While tasty, I figure it would be interesting to try a non airport layover version.
Can y'all stop posting in this topic so often, please? Every time I see it in the "What's New" list I get cravings and my spouse  gets all angry when I want to order pizza too often.

Thanks. :-D
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »