Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pizza
(11-14-2016, 01:29 PM)Section ThirtyOne Wrote: And are we talking about the former Front Row on University? Isn't there some sort of gastropub there now? Did it close?

Heaven Gastropub.

It was not good.  It is not missed.

(11-14-2016, 12:15 PM)Coke6pk Wrote:
(11-13-2016, 08:41 PM)jwilliamson Wrote: A pizzeria with brick ovens is going in the building where Front Row used to be.

http://www.urbanbrickspizza.com/

Are we sure its the same company?  21 locations in Texas, 2 in Florida... K-W seems like an odd choice for the 24th store opening.

Coke

http://devandchains.com/bringing-texas-c...-to-sw-on/

An Ontario-based franchisee has acquired the rights for several markets in Southwestern Ontario and has retained Mary Sojczynski and her team at Cushman & Wakefield Waterloo Region to handle the site selection.  The initial requirement is in the Waterloo area and the franchisee is also looking towards the greater Toronto region.
This news makes me very happy...I have been waiting for so long for somebody to bring a good margherita pizza to town
One of the last times an American franchise made an early appearance in Waterloo as a testing ground, Carl's Jr., it sure worked out well...
(11-14-2016, 11:19 PM)myfaceisonfire Wrote: This news makes me very happy...I have been waiting for so long for somebody to bring a good margherita pizza to town

Famoso's not good?
(11-15-2016, 10:34 AM)panamaniac Wrote:
(11-14-2016, 11:19 PM)myfaceisonfire Wrote: This news makes me very happy...I have been waiting for so long for somebody to bring a good margherita pizza to town

Famoso's not good?

I think their margherita pizza is pretty good.

We already had one and lost it...Caffe Gallery Bolero
Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.

(11-14-2016, 09:34 PM)creemore4me Wrote:
(11-14-2016, 12:15 PM)Coke6pk Wrote: Are we sure its the same company?  21 locations in Texas, 2 in Florida... K-W seems like an odd choice for the 24th store opening.

Coke

http://devandchains.com/bringing-texas-c...-to-sw-on/

An Ontario-based franchisee has acquired the rights for several markets in Southwestern Ontario and has retained Mary Sojczynski and her team at Cushman & Wakefield Waterloo Region to handle the site selection.  The initial requirement is in the Waterloo area and the franchisee is also looking towards the greater Toronto region.

I stand corrected.

Coke
Has anyone tried the pizza at Urban Bricks Pizza in the University Plaza?
(01-18-2018, 04:09 PM)jgsz Wrote: Has anyone tried the pizza at Urban Bricks Pizza in the University Plaza?

Yes, it's really good. $10 for unlimited toppings.
And speaking of pizza, a new italian place is about to open On King Street (Downtown Kitchener) called La Cucina. Hopefully it's good! I've been wanting an italian place downtown for a while.
(01-18-2018, 04:37 PM)urbd Wrote:
(01-18-2018, 04:09 PM)jgsz Wrote: Has anyone tried the pizza at Urban Bricks Pizza in the University Plaza?

Yes, it's really good. $10 for unlimited toppings.

Is there seating inside or just take out?
Urban Bricks has indoor seating. Some pizzas are really good, some are kind of weird (do not recommend the Buffalo chicken), but overall a positive opinion. They're really stingy with the toppings though, my mushroom pizza had about 6 mushroom slices on it. They're happy to load up the toppings if you ask though, they just seem to think people like no toppings.

(01-18-2018, 05:03 PM)taylortbb Wrote: Urban Bricks has indoor seating. Some pizzas are really good, some are kind of weird (do not recommend the Buffalo chicken), but overall a positive opinion. They're really stingy with the toppings though, my mushroom pizza had about 6 mushroom slices on it. They're happy to load up the toppings if you ask though, they just seem to think people like no toppings.

Agreed, but as I said, the $10 unlimited topping pizza is the best thing about Urban Bricks, not their pre-designed ones.
(01-18-2018, 04:41 PM)urbd Wrote: And speaking of pizza, a new italian place is about to open On King Street (Downtown Kitchener) called La Cucina. Hopefully it's good! I've been wanting an italian place downtown for a while.

I'm kind of wondering if this is the San Francisco Panini place from farther east on King. From the name, you'd think "isn't this just Quick sandwiches?", but their menu has a lot more than that, and quite good, a nice Italian addition to 271 West.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »