Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pizza
I had Pizza at Buon Gusto in Guelph twice in the past week and it's by far the best pizza I've had around here.  They use a wood fired oven the pizza has a nice crisp and chew. I could go on and on but yeah, it was great.  Is there anything comparable in KWC? I tried Veloce and it was a pale imitation imo.

[Image: XtqFFIL.jpg]

Famoso's in Waterloo is pretty decent, but I'm not a connoisseur by any means.
Breadheads' pizza is pretty nice, the dough is good and baked in a wood-fired oven, and the pizzas on offer are pretty interesting (though not a huge selection). But I do find that the crust is still quite soft after baking, making it difficult to eat a slice by hand.
Famoso is excellent and Gourmet Pizza is also quite good.
(06-25-2016, 06:02 PM)JoeKW Wrote: I had Pizza at Buon Gusto in Guelph twice in the past week and it's by far the best pizza I've had around here.  They use a wood fired oven the pizza has a nice crisp and chew. I could go on and on but yeah, it was great.  Is there anything comparable in KWC? I tried Veloce and it was a pale imitation imo.

There are a couple of places that come close but nothing compares.  I'm not a fan of franchises but I wouldn't mind if they opened a restaurant in KW.
We had Magic Pizza on Westheights this past weekend....might be my new go-to pizza place. So good.
(06-28-2016, 10:34 AM)Spokes Wrote: We had Magic Pizza on Westheights this past weekend....might be my new go-to pizza place.  So good.

North American style pizza or authentic?

North American
Papa Joe's on Victoria St has some really good thin crust pizza
Pizza Roma and Delicious Pizza for North American style
Yes, so if you're ever in St Louis, Missouri and you're craving a pie...
Was Famoso started in Waterloo or elsewhere? We were in Alberta last week and there are many locations there which surprised me, as I didn't recall seeing as many on previous trips.
(10-16-2016, 05:22 PM)rangersfan Wrote: Was Famoso started in Waterloo or elsewhere? We were in Alberta last week and there are many locations there which surprised me, as I didn't recall seeing as many on previous trips.

Looking at their franchise information their headquarters is in Surrey, BC.

Famoso Franchise info
A pizzeria with brick ovens is going in the building where Front Row used to be.

http://www.urbanbrickspizza.com/

(11-13-2016, 08:41 PM)jwilliamson Wrote: A pizzeria with brick ovens is going in the building where Front Row used to be.

Are we sure its the same company?  21 locations in Texas, 2 in Florida... K-W seems like an odd choice for the 24th store opening.

Coke
(11-14-2016, 12:15 PM)Coke6pk Wrote:
(11-13-2016, 08:41 PM)jwilliamson Wrote: A pizzeria with brick ovens is going in the building where Front Row used to be.

Are we sure its the same company?  21 locations in Texas, 2 in Florida... K-W seems like an odd choice for the 24th store opening.

Coke

And are we talking about the former Front Row on University? Isn't there some sort of gastropub there now? Did it close?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »