Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pizza
(02-10-2016, 12:02 AM)KevinL Wrote: Has nobody been to Bread Heads on Duke? Wood-fired amazingness! Pricey, but VERY worth it.

Mmm... Tuna melt...

Oh yeah, Bread Heads is really good, but unless I'm mistaken, they're only open for lunch now and they only do personal size pizzas. Their roasted veggie one is great, but my favourite was a special they did that was asparagus and lemon (and maybe truffle oil).
(02-09-2016, 05:36 PM)zanate Wrote: I like Famoso, but they somehow manage to be... well, wet. I don't know why, but the pizzas are often a little soggy. But I still like them. They're one of the closest to producing the kind of pizza I remember as a kid in northern Italy.

A better example of this style can be found out of town: Pazzo in Stratford.

I like Pazzo and we've been there numerous times before seeing a play at the Stratford Festival.  They make a very nice thin crust pizza with some interesting toppings.  

We've been to Famoso once and quite liked it.  I don't recall it being wet or soggy.  

Angelo's (238 King E) used to be one of my favourite pizza places and their pizza was very soggy in the centre.  But it was delicious.  Too bad they're not around.  Does anyone remember the place?  It used to be next door to City Cabs.
Another vote for Famoso here; all of the pizzas i've had there have been excellent.
(02-10-2016, 01:17 PM)Section ThirtyOne Wrote: Another vote for Famoso here; all of the pizzas i've had there have been excellent.

I'm no pizza expert but my favourites are, in no particular order: Gourmet pizza, Levetto (by RIM park), Famoso and City Bakery.
(02-10-2016, 01:29 PM)BuildingScout Wrote:
(02-10-2016, 01:17 PM)Section ThirtyOne Wrote: Another vote for Famoso here; all of the pizzas i've had there have been excellent.

I'm no pizza expert but my favourites are, in no particular order: Gourmet pizza, Levetto (by RIM park), Famoso and City Bakery.

Gourmet, Levetto and Famoso all do Italian-style thin-crust pizzas (and Famoso has a wood-fired oven).  How about City Bakery?  I have never eaten pizza there.
(02-10-2016, 02:28 PM)tomh009 Wrote:
(02-10-2016, 01:29 PM)BuildingScout Wrote: I'm no pizza expert but my favourites are, in no particular order: Gourmet pizza, Levetto (by RIM park), Famoso and City Bakery.

Gourmet, Levetto and Famoso all do Italian-style thin-crust pizzas (and Famoso has a wood-fired oven).  How about City Bakery?  I have never eaten pizza there.

I don't know if I would describe Levetto as thin crust... City Bakery is definitely thin crust though.

Has anyone been to Pizza Prosciutto and have an opinion on it?
(02-10-2016, 03:06 PM)JoeKW Wrote: Has anyone been to Pizza Prosciutto and have an opinion on it?

I've had great delivery from Pizza Prosciutto.
(02-09-2016, 02:25 PM)Coke6pk Wrote: Andy's Pizza in Cambridge.  'nuff said.

Where is it?
(02-10-2016, 06:06 AM)jamincan Wrote: Oh yeah, Bread Heads is really good, but unless I'm mistaken, they're only open for lunch now and they only do personal size pizzas.

They do personal and two person size pizzas, and are open from 5-7pm on Thursdays and Fridays.
(02-10-2016, 11:40 PM)Spokes Wrote:
(02-09-2016, 02:25 PM)Coke6pk Wrote: Andy's Pizza in Cambridge.  'nuff said.

Where is it?

Wellington St in downtown Galt.

As for JoeKW's question, Pizza Prosciutto is pretty decent as well.

Coke
I just had Pizza Prosciutto for dinner, yeah, it's pretty good. Smile

We had some family over on the weekend and ordered Pepi's and everyone thoroughly enjoyed. It had been a long time since I had their pizza. It's definitely pricer than other options around but the toppings were loaded on.
For a day to day go-to Pizza that is consistently worth the money, go Tito's. The one on Weber in Waterloo has a walk in deal for 2 large 3 topping pizza's for $16.