Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cambridge Pedestrian Bridge
Maybe it's the Region that should be building and paying for a bridge by Galt CI.

If nothing else the school board should be putting in a generous amount.
I don't understand why it would (or would not be) the Region over one of the cities. Is there some benefit to having the money come out of one purse, vs. another?
(10-10-2017, 12:54 PM)Canard Wrote: I don't understand why it would (or would not be) the Region over one of the cities.  Is there some benefit to having the money come out of one purse, vs. another?

The Region is responsible for arterial roads and other transportation that is higher-order. Arguably a new river crossing that's far away from relatively far away from existing ones serves a regional-level transportation purpose, in a similar way to the Block Line extension being a regional project.

And potentially they could find the budget for it if the city can't.
The bridge is set to open soon.

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/kitch...-1.4403901
I hadn't previously realized - that bridge pier was deliberately retained at the city's request in 1985, while two others were demolished. https://www.therecord.com/news-story/798...in-making/
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »