Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Light Rail Vehicles - LRT, ICTS, Monorail, and more
(07-02-2017, 09:29 AM)Canard Wrote: I'm currently on a trip to Europe and while most of it is for coasters, I'll be riding some pretty cool trains/monorails/AGT's as well.

The system in the photo looks pretty interesting. Do I understand correctly from the first photo that, while the system mostly uses guides on either side to steer, it also has the ability to use a slot in the middle of the track to steer through crossovers and switches? If so that’s pretty slick. The thing I’ve always found weird about Montreal’s system is that they have the rubber tires and all, but then they still need just as much steel rail and steel wheels as a conventional system. This system by contrast seems to just need a bit of steel rails at isolated locations, and the infrastructure on the cars is probably just a couple of posts sticking down to engage the rails when present.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: Light Rail Vehicles - LRT, ICTS, Monorail, and more - by ijmorlan - 07-02-2017, 10:51 AM