Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Light Rail Vehicles - LRT, ICTS, Monorail, and more
(01-20-2016, 01:50 PM)JoeKW Wrote: I feel like you would be into G-Scale outdoor model trains.  Am I right?

Close - but even geekier! For a couple of years I've been tinkering around with building a backyard AGT system. I think if I pull it off I'll be the only person in the world with one... I even got approval from the City of Kitchener for a "600 mm wide concrete garden path" Big Grin

(01-20-2016, 02:25 PM)insider Wrote: What do you think of the Flexity 2? Do you know when is it supposed to start production, and for where?

FLEXITY 2 is a European product - Freedom is the North-American variant with some changes focused more on differences between operations in Europe and North America. I was thinking Gold Coast was the only customer (G:link) and forgot about Blackpool. The Wikipedia article gives a pretty good overview. Keep in mind the name only designates the chassis and core design - the exterior is totally customizable per customer, so the tram in the photo above is just a concept photo, not one that any particular city has gone with. I'm personally not really a fan of any of the designs - G:link's is the best of the bunch, but I hate that teardrop shaped window in the driver's cab...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: ION - Waterloo Region's Light Rail Transit - by Canard - 01-20-2016, 05:05 PM