Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toronto transit projects
(12-01-2017, 03:33 PM)Canard Wrote:  Finch is supposed to be Orange, from what I recall.

Eglinton would be orange, surely? That's the colour they've assigned to that line.

I think Finch is planned to be silver.

Rude, Toronto is having a “closed” opening ceremony today for the TYSSE. Tomorrow a privelaged few are getting VIP rides, with regular service starting unceremoniously on Sunday at 8am.

...How NOT to open a public transit line!
TTC to be free on Sunday as Line 1 subway extension officially opens

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/ttc-to-be-fre...-1.3724499
Vaughan Metropolitan Centre

Highway 407 Station

Got big-time Vendôme vibes from the Montréal Métro on this one. Love the grandeur, colour, and space. This is what a subway station should feel like - from 100 years in the future.

Pioneer Village Station

Not my favourite (I can't stand the kiosk), but the platform (and mezzanine) level digital interactive artwork is pretty cool. You can type things (like "Penis" and "boobies") on a touch-screen at platform level.

York University Station

Love the concrete in this one.

Finch West Station

Colour, colour, colour.  Excellent.

Downsview Park Station

Because it just wouldn't be the TTC without at least one of the new stations looking like every other station.  Hello, bland tiles.  Also: a revival!  The forced perspective art from the Sheppard Line is back, 15 years later, just in case you weren't tired of it already.

(12-17-2017, 05:55 PM)Canard Wrote: Downsview Park Station

Also: a revival!  The forced perspective art from the Sheppard Line is back, 15 years later, just in case you weren't tired of it already.

Well, it is the same artist: Panya Clark Espinal. That's not her entire aesthetic, but I guess she likes using it in a subway context?
(12-17-2017, 07:01 PM)KevinL Wrote:
(12-17-2017, 05:55 PM)Canard Wrote: Downsview Park Station

Also: a revival!  The forced perspective art from the Sheppard Line is back, 15 years later, just in case you weren't tired of it already.

Well, it is the same artist: Panya Clark Espinal. That's not her entire aesthetic, but I guess she likes using it in a subway context?

I like it. Anyway, it’s only in one station on the Sheppard line to my knowledge, so I don’t think it’s overused. Somewhere I have a photo of my oldest son “climbing” the ladder at one location. One station per line is justifiable so maybe she can do the STC station. A forced perspective image of $4000000000 being set on fire and burned would be appropriate.
Not everyone used free-transit-Sunday to visit the Spadina Extension - Citytv's Kevin Frankish took on a different goal.

Aha, but he did! That's Pioneer Village station that he started at.

Official TTC video from the weekend's events.

Here's a non-twitter-tracking version of the link: https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/tor...e37401907/

And a summary: Metrolinx has adjusted its $770M deal with Bombardier to only receive 2/5 of the trains for 1/2 of the price, and to increase the late penalties for any future delays.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »