Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
General University Area Updates and Rumours
(01-28-2022, 05:38 PM)ac3r Wrote: Things aren't as black and white as you imagine them to be. Call me objectively wrong all you want if that helps, but I'm really not.

You literally said "you can't" X, Y and Z with a bike and you're calling me black and white? I'm not sure whether that's hubris or just lacking in self-reflection.

(01-28-2022, 05:38 PM)ac3r Wrote: but the truth is people still need and want vehicles and we need the infrastructure to support that.

It's like you don't read what people are writing on this topic, and you do this all the time.

(01-28-2022, 05:38 PM)ac3r Wrote: It's just naive and ignorant to think you can just cut all of that out and force everyone onto bikes.

See? Nobody said that, or even anything close to it. That's a strawman and you make these quite frequently.

But you are the one who says you can't do all these tasks on a bike.

(01-20-2022, 09:10 PM)ac3r Wrote: But people often need to do other things in their day - pick up groceries, friends, elderly parents, their children from daycare etc. You can't carry home a ton of groceries on the bus, nor can you carry your child home on a bike.

Just because you arrogantly dismiss it as an anecdote doesn't mean things like panniers, trailers and cargo bike don't exist and they don't enable people to get groceries.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: General University Area Updates and Rumours - by Bytor - 01-30-2022, 05:01 PM