Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
General University Area Updates and Rumours
(04-27-2016, 11:37 AM)panamaniac Wrote: I don't know if this is the correct thread, but does anybody have a good grasp of what Waterloo City Council is trying to do with its "one bedroom plus den/define "bedroom" debate?  I can sort of see the problem in terms of developers/landlords playing fast and loose with zoning, and in terms of practical issues like parking.  What I'm not clear about is how the City can take effective measures to deal with the problem.

The city wants to know how many people will be flushing toilets and taking showers, legitimate. The city and neighbours want to "know" how many cars will be there, potentially creating traffic and parking issues, semi-legitimate if a tad prescriptive of how people must commute. Neighbours want to know whether they'll have X professional neighbours, or 2X loud, noisy, messy students next door, not very legitimate.

I live in what might be qualified by Waterloo's new plan as a 2 den home, as neither enclosed room has to-the-ceiling walls, windows, or much floorspace after a queen bed is in it. It was likely sold (we rent) as a 1+den. My girlfriend and I share one bedroom, and have a spare. The former owners had a family of 5/6 living there. Just some examples of how much, or little, any classification means.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: General University Area Updates and Rumours - by Viewfromthe42 - 04-27-2016, 03:21 PM