Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
General University Area Updates and Rumours
(07-09-2023, 04:09 PM)danbrotherston Wrote: Weber St. was made to meet a parallel street in the 60s? I was always told that this was an original Mennonite route which is why they make no sense.

Well...I didn't need another reason to hate 60's traffic planners, but they've give me one.

Some of our weird roads are literally cart tracks. Others are planned that way. In other cases, multiple segments have been combined into single routes by building connecting pieces. Fischer-Hallman Road is like that; it’s really Fischer Road, plus Hallman Road, plus new construction between I think just north of Glasgow down to Highland. There even at one time (might still be) one road sign which said “Fischer/Hallman Rd.” (slash, not dash). Erbsville/Ira Needles/Trussler is another example, and Westmount has sections that are over a hundred years old, others built in the ’60s, and others built in the last 20 or so years. All paved or re-paved much more recently that the ’60s, of course.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
RE: General University Area Updates and Rumours - by ijmorlan - 07-09-2023, 07:25 PM