Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
American Block Redevelopment | 3 fl | U/C
(02-23-2020, 07:09 PM)hypnagogic_logic Wrote:
(02-23-2020, 01:37 PM)panamaniac Wrote: It’s just brick that’s been plastered over at some point, no?

It is just the original exposed brick - not sure if it's been plastered over or if it's just the paint flaking off the building though..
Definitely flaking off. 

The windows look great on King and Queen.

Attached Files Image(s)

Looks like they are sampling different colours to paint that back wall. Something other that the white of the rest of it might be interesting?
Work appears to be underway on the ground floor. I assume they're replacing the brick wall with windows for the new Tim Hortons. They also have Queen St dug up for utility connections.

It looks like some big windows are being put in for the Tim Hortons.

Thanks for the pics.
Regardless of whether you're a Tims fan or not (personally I am not, but will go in a pinch), this is going to be a great improvement for that intersection. They really managed to refresh the look of the building.
(03-30-2020, 03:54 PM)KingandWeber Wrote: Regardless of whether you're a Tims fan or not (personally I am not, but will go in a pinch), this is going to be a great improvement for that intersection. They really managed to refresh the look of the building.
Well, part of the building anyway.  The line running through the middle of the window on the King St facade is a bit weird (which building does the window belong to?).

(03-30-2020, 06:22 PM)panamaniac Wrote:
(03-30-2020, 03:54 PM)KingandWeber Wrote: Regardless of whether you're a Tims fan or not (personally I am not, but will go in a pinch), this is going to be a great improvement for that intersection. They really managed to refresh the look of the building.
Well, part of the building anyway.  The line running through the middle of the window on the King St facade is a bit weird (which building does the window belong to?).

Haha I wondered the same thing... so strange.
Any updates pics on this? Timmies going in at the time that was planned or business delays (reassess the business needs noting COVID and this NOT being a drive through location etc)?
I took this picture yesterday morning, pretty close to 10:00am

Hopefully Tim Hortons doesn't impact the business that the small, local cafes relies on. Tim Hortons is awful...it's fast food coffee, owned by Brazilians. But I suppose, because of that, people who enjoy Tims are not going to enjoy Cafe Pyrus or something that is actually good.
(06-02-2020, 05:08 PM)ac3r Wrote: Hopefully Tim Hortons doesn't impact the business that the small, local cafes relies on. Tim Hortons is awful...it's fast food coffee, owned by Brazilians. But I suppose, because of that, people who enjoy Tims are not going to enjoy Cafe Pyrus or something that is actually good.

While there are overlaps, Timmies, Starbucks, and the independents all serve different demographics, istm.  Coffee Culture occupies a middle ground and might feel the competition more than others, if they are still operating at the Walter location.
(06-02-2020, 05:37 PM)panamaniac Wrote:
(06-02-2020, 05:08 PM)ac3r Wrote: Hopefully Tim Hortons doesn't impact the business that the small, local cafes relies on. Tim Hortons is awful...it's fast food coffee, owned by Brazilians. But I suppose, because of that, people who enjoy Tims are not going to enjoy Cafe Pyrus or something that is actually good.

While there are overlaps, Timmies, Starbucks, and the independents all serve different demographics, istm.  Coffee Culture occupies a middle ground and might feel the competition more than others, if they are still operating at the Walter location.

Coffee Culture and Williams are the two most vulnerable ones, yes. But I think there should still be room for both.

Incidentally, Coffee Culture is coming back: the place was taken apart because they sent all the furniture out to be reupholstered.

So glad they're coming back. If they were a casualty because of Tim's I'd be very upset
Have they finished the back facade of this one yet? I recall a few weeks back, they seemed to be considering a variety of paint colours.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »