Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
255 Keats Way - Keats Way on the Park | 14 fl | Complete
I am sniffing around for a new condo. I see there are quite a few for sale at this address. The building appears to have been built in 2003. It looks pretty modern and the listed units seem large and well appointed.

I see a Google street view image from 2013 where there is scaffolding and a swing on the side of the building. I have also read this place had a special assessment recently for issues dealing with the stucco and balconies.

Does anyone have any insight into this building that they would like to share here?

Thanks in advance.

A friend lived in one of those units years and years back and complained about noise from the unit above. My wife visited once or twice and though he started complaining, she couldn't hear a thing. So YMMV.

I drive/bike past the building at least once a week. It seems to have maintenance crews around frequently enough that it suggests to me that the building owners are interested in maintenance, but not so frequently that I think it's falling apart.
I'm intrigued by the large number of units listed for sale. It's a bit of a red flag. I would do quite a bit of due diligence before putting an offer but who knows, maybe there is nothing to it, and this is a buying opportunity. Either way, I would do a bit of digging on this one.
Could be timing. Units that didn't sell for back-to-school because of the glut of new rentals east of campus?
Thanks for the feedback. I went and had a look at 3 units tonight. 1101 was spectacular in my opinion. The photos are on MLS if anyone cares to see it.

There are approximately 100 units at this location and 9 visitor parking spots. There is no on street parking and nowhere else around to park after those spots are filled up. If your vistors arrive via transit or foot I guess this works. It doesn't for us and that was a big factor for us.

I also found the general state of maintenance inside the building was not very impressive. The walls were dirty and worn, the areas around the garbage chute smelled pretty bad. All in all a pass for us. The view was great from the upper levels.

Thanks again for the feedback Building Scout and Chutten
My guess is that this building has become a target for parents looking for condos for their children while they are at school. Similarly, there could be investors who purchased units to rent to students. Those two factors could affect the composition and abilities of the building's condo board to maintain the building.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »