Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum Subsections
Well the issue of forum Subsections has come up again so let's talk it out.

Should we still have urban, suburban, university and township or should we move to something like Kitchener, Waterloo, Cambridge and townships?

Or something different?

I don’t see why the second option would be a problem. Any “urban/suburban” divide is going to be arbitrary - for me, anything inside the expressway/Westmount/University would be “urban”.
I think the second is more functional, but it might be one of those things that would have been a good idea in retrospect when initially setting up the forum, but is now too much work to change with too little benefit. Despite suggesting that it ought to be based on municipal boundaries, I'm actually perfectly okay with the status quo. And knowing how the world works, a project that spans the boundaries would like be introduced shortly after changing it anyway!
Tongue 
Has the area matured enough to talk about neighbourhoods?  Or would that end up with too many subforums? I had considered proposing going for City ward boundaries, but those are more likely to change over time.

Or mess with the new members of the forum and change the titles to, "The place where X used to be"  Tongue
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »