Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
The Bow (Arrow phase II) | 15 fl | Completed
Crane going up!

(12-05-2018, 01:02 PM)tomh009 Wrote: Crane going up!

What has this been, 10+ years since they originally ask for approval?

Nice to see it finally happening though.
(12-05-2018, 02:45 PM)jeffster Wrote:

This organization like to make sure they have they have everything well in order.  It takes time !!!
(12-05-2018, 02:45 PM)jeffster Wrote:

Original building permit was 2006. But they built Arrow Lofts first, and then got sidetracked on this little project called Barrel Yards ...
One more ...

So many cranes!!
[Image: B88488173Z.1_20181206080440_000_GLJE2P28...rtrait.jpg]
https://www.therecord.com/news-story/907...-required/

Do we actually know what the final design for this is? There have been a couple different renders but I'm just hoping it doesn't end up like Auburn's project in Downtown London: https://goo.gl/maps/MtCKQvj7sa32
I too would like to see what the new building will look like. I can only seem to find stuff on the existing Arrow lofts building.

Agreed - hope it doesn't look like that run-of-the-mill (IMO) apartment building beige.
That real life image seems to look just like the render for phase 2
(01-14-2019, 11:24 PM)Spokes Wrote: That real life image seems to look just like the render for phase 2

HAHA....  That's a good one.... I get your humour...
(09-18-2018, 01:19 PM)Lens Wrote: [Image: ArrowLoftsPhase2.jpg]

This render was in the "ION Attracts" map posted on another thread.

(09-18-2018, 02:35 PM)Spokes Wrote: Hmm.  Seems kinda block-ish.  But very similar to what we saw years ago when it first came out.  I'm surprised there are only balconies on the corners.

Anyone else reminded of the Regency on Weber/Queen with it's brick podium and stucco tower?

This render is very outdated... I'm pretty sure i've seen a newer one somewhere that shows balconies on all sides.
Boring look lol

The look is very much trying to replicate the Arrow lofts at ground level in a fauxchitecture homage, and then dropping a Drewlo tower on top.
I don't have an issue with faux renovated factory loft look on the first 3 floors...I love the renovated lofts around KW but the Drewlo high rise jetting out of it just doesn't jive (at east in that rendering), again IMO
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »