Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
The Bow (Arrow phase II) | 15 fl | Completed
(03-31-2019, 01:35 PM)Pilsner Wrote: Not much has changed. Now with added snow.

Have they been working on it at all for the past 2 or 3 weeks? (Since the concrete contractors left for financial reasons)

(03-31-2019, 02:19 PM)jeffster Wrote:
(03-31-2019, 01:35 PM)Pilsner Wrote: Not much has changed. Now with added snow.

Have they been working on it at all for the past 2 or 3 weeks? (Since the concrete contractors left for financial reasons)

I was away for a bit, so I'm not sure. But the people I have seen on site have been inspecting and/or surveying only.
In the last few days there’s been a waterproofing contractor and some wood boards delivered on site. Still not much sign of progress.
For sure it takes a while to select, contract and schedule a new concrete contractor.
I drove by today and the crane seemed to be pretty busy. So I am guessing that there is some major work going on.
(04-10-2019, 11:09 AM)jeffster Wrote: I drove by today and the crane seemed to be pretty busy. So I am guessing that there is some major work going on.

I didn't see the crane moving, only the operator coming down afterwards. I see some concrete blocks that might have been delivered? They were doing some more surveying this morning also.
(04-10-2019, 12:14 PM)Pilsner Wrote:
(04-10-2019, 11:09 AM)jeffster Wrote: I drove by today and the crane seemed to be pretty busy. So I am guessing that there is some major work going on.

I didn't see the crane moving, only the operator coming down afterwards. I see some concrete blocks that might have been delivered? They were doing some more surveying this morning also.

It was around 9:45 -- I was taking my kid to his job and I noticed the crane activity, but I was only noticing the crane off of Mill and off of Queen, so I didn't notice the nature of the work.

Additional rebar was being installed today.
Concrete company hired?? Lets hope so
(04-11-2019, 02:01 PM)Spokes Wrote: Concrete company hired??  Lets hope so

Yes. They should be back at it within a week.
That's great news. Thanks for the update
Lots of workers on site as of this week. A new site office trailer installed across the street. Good to see some progress.
Photo 

Rebar and concrete forms being installed for underground garage columns today.

Columns and walls are taking shape for the bottom level of underground parking.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »