Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ONE28 | 15 fl | U/C
I pass by here every day. They have been doing de-watering for quite a while onto Elgin. I assume they're pumping water out of the ground.

I thought that was part of the work on King St
[Image: neDHevO.jpg]

Where do they find these architects? The entire university area is such an eyesore.
(07-12-2019, 09:25 AM)ac3r Wrote: [Image: neDHevO.jpg]

Where do they find these architects? The entire university area is such an eyesore.

I like it. Asymmetrical is okay with me.
Problem isn't the asymmetry, it's just that the circled corner has a particularly nasty (lack of) design.
May be a bit presumptuous, but I saw a transport carrying the base of a crane towards this part of King just now (Monday).  There is nothing else being built in that stretch (between Lodge & Central) and given that King Street Street is closed beyond Central, either the truck driver was lost or this site is gearing up for a serious start.
(07-15-2019, 02:46 PM)Watdot Wrote: May be a bit presumptuous, but I saw a transport carrying the base of a crane towards this part of King just now (Monday).  There is nothing else being built in that stretch (between Lodge & Central) and given that King Street Street is closed beyond Central, either the truck driver was lost or this site is gearing up for a serious start.

I saw a mobile crane in that vicinity this morning.

[Image: 20190715-194413.jpg]
The crane is almost entirely up. It looks like they still need to put up one or two segments of the boom.
Is that at One28, it didn't look that ready
(07-15-2019, 10:30 PM)white_brian Wrote: Is that at One28, it didn't look that ready

Yeah. I'm surprised too. There were still some trailers parked on King in front of the site this evening.
I'm surprised myself because I didn't see any cement pour. Doesn't the crane need a cement base? If they did one, they did it really quick.
July 16, 2019

[Image: cilmy0Y.jpg]

[Image: y3c96Xu.jpg]
The base of the crane is surrounded by a plywood box and it looks like it is not even part of the building structure, rather in the backyard of the one house. Not a construction expert but I thought the cranes normally used the foundation of the structure they are building.

Went by yesterday and it was a crazy mess on site. Excavator going like crazy loading 3 dump trucks, a cement truck, pile driver, a dozer and countless smaller trucks and equipment. It's not that big of a site!!
Wow. Busy. Seems like they're in a rush to get going
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »