Welcome Guest! In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away. Click here to get started.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Crown on King | 18 fl | Proposed

With the sign coming down, might that mean it's dead? Or just that it's moving ahead, and demolition is going to start soon on those properties?
For daily ion construction updates, photos and general urban rail news, follow me on twitter! @Canardiain
I wish they would do something here, it's been in a state of disrepair ever since the development proposals began to surface.
The land assembly is on the market:

https://www.realtor.ca/Commercial/Vacant...rio-N2J2X9
(03-16-2017, 12:09 PM)BobbyDaSilva Wrote: The land assembly is on the market:

https://www.realtor.ca/Commercial/Vacant...rio-N2J2X9

Just a touch under $10M an acre.  Granted, they have site plan approvals etc, but surely this is some kind of a new record for land prices in K-W?
I noticed that 6 Elgin, which is part of the parcel and was until recently occupied, has been boarded up and utilities shutoff. Perhaps the parcel was purchased?
Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
6 Elgin and 130 King St N have been demolished. All three demo permits look to be posted to the fence.

Will update with pictures later.
That is exciting!!

The builder's name on the permit is a number company so hard to tell who bought the parcel:

Do we still know if the project is still going ahead as originally planned, named, and approved? Or is the new owner just clearing the parcels to reduce maintenance cost and risk?