Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finding Rentals
(06-23-2015, 10:42 AM)BuildingScout Wrote: Exactly. I'd like a place not too far from Uptown/Downtown in a building that isn't mostly students. There are units available meeting these conditions to be sure, but usually a mere handful. If you are willing to live by the highway or right smack on the middle of nowhere, the number of choices goes up substantially. Still vacancy rate of 2.6% is considered to be on the low side.

I agree, there's not a lot of options. I had similar criteria and eventually ended up picking a building and then waiting for a unit to become available (I was month-to-month at my previous location). It took 6 months for an appropriate size unit to become available (at Queen/Courtland), so that was 6 months of calling on the first of every month. I'm quite happy with how it turned out though, I quite like my building and the location is great (I suspect it's the same building Spokes is talking about).

Viewfromthe42, if it's not urgent my recommendation is do what I did. Pick your building(s) and then wait for the right unit. I think it produces better results than having to accept what's on the market at any given time.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »