Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
8 Queen | 3 fl | Complete
(07-12-2016, 10:12 PM)tomh009 Wrote: Hello Frank, very happy to see you here at WRC!  And congratulations on a very nicely done building!

Thanks tomh009! I love the interest/engagement.

(07-12-2016, 10:29 AM)frankvoisin Wrote: Hi everyone,

I just found this thread and wanted to say hello. I've updated the website with photos of the interior in case you are interested: http://www.8Queen.com.

Take care,
Frank Voisin

Glad you found us Frank.  We're all thrilled with what you've done here and with your vision how it connects to the rest of DTK
A friend I've got that works at Vidyard offered me a tour of he building late last night (I guess they've all got keys). The lights on the 2nd floor were off, but I got a few pics if anyone was interested in a late night view!

[Image: trf95kf.jpg]

[Image: AMyzDNM.jpg]

[Image: vVnt8xY.jpg]

[Image: IyeGuzH.jpg]

[Image: LHXdIKN.jpg]

[Image: lARE0t3.jpg]
[Image: Dirm7Ix.jpg]

[Image: 8q7KPwS.jpg]

[Image: Fefchk2.jpg]

[Image: 7lKpRSF.jpg]

They've got a bar in there... and a case (an old safe?) with 2 bottles of single malt scotch Smile. I approve.
It is an old safe - the door from the Goudie's vault that we opened in the fall. (http://www.therecord.com/news-story/5789...surprises/)

We repurposed the front of the wood-fired boiler in the basement as the gas fireplace too.
The table with the swing-benches is cool and all, but would it really be all that comfortable?  Confused
(07-16-2016, 12:38 PM)KevinL Wrote: The table with the swing-benches is cool and all, but would it really be all that comfortable?  Confused

If not, all the better for having an efficient meeting. Wink

Very cool space! Thanks for the photo tour!
Mods: I think this could now be marked as complete?
Absolutely. Thanks for the heads up!
(10-10-2016, 08:54 PM)Spokes Wrote: Absolutely.  Thanks for the heads up!

What about the renovations for the supermarket ?
(10-11-2016, 01:42 PM)Rainrider22 Wrote:
(10-10-2016, 08:54 PM)Spokes Wrote: Absolutely.  Thanks for the heads up!

What about the renovations for the supermarket ?

Standing on the outside looking in (through the glass doors), at least the walls and the floors look good! Smile
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »