Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
258 Sunview Street | 12 fl | U/C
Then I must be confusing this with some other project. I do recall reading recently about an approved trade off between construction variances and walking path in that area.

Updated renderings for this project:

[Image: renderings_v8_July-3_2015-940x450.jpg]

[Image: 258_Sunview_Pedestrian-Way_view_v8_July-...40x450.jpg]
Welcome to Downtown Waterloo.

I find it amusing that thanks to inappropriate upzoning over 10 years ago, University was mostly redeveloped as residential only, and now commercial is popping up on every single side street to make up for it. At this rate, University Ave will have a more 2-Dimensional downtown than King St!
Northdale should be renamed Prica City.
Some further updated renders available from this article on the project :

http://urbantoronto.ca/news/2017/07/sunv...r-waterloo
(07-20-2017, 05:17 AM)rangersfan Wrote: Some further updated renders available from this article on the project :

http://urbantoronto.ca/news/2017/07/sunv...r-waterloo

I like the designs here, though I wonder if they're new or old? PG has different ones on their website. It still looks "cheap" to me, but the dark blue glass gives it a bit more colour.

They sure love using red and orange in their works, too.
I had to laugh about a comment someone posted there yesterday, blaming the apartment buildings for turning Northdale into a student ghetto.

Chicken, meet egg ....
(07-21-2017, 09:04 AM)jwilliamson Wrote: I had to laugh about a comment someone posted there yesterday, blaming the apartment buildings for turning Northdale into a student ghetto.

Ooh, in what thread? Do you remember?
(07-21-2017, 11:19 AM)Markster Wrote:
(07-21-2017, 09:04 AM)jwilliamson Wrote: I had to laugh about a comment someone posted there yesterday, blaming the apartment buildings for turning Northdale into a student ghetto.

Ooh, in what thread? Do you remember?

Not certain if this is what jwillaimson is talking about, but there were a few comments left on the UT link, one I remember referencing a student ghetto.
(07-21-2017, 12:17 PM)Spokes Wrote:
(07-21-2017, 11:19 AM)Markster Wrote: Ooh, in what thread? Do you remember?

Not certain if this is what jwillaimson is talking about, but there were a few comments left on the UT link, one I remember referencing a student ghetto.

Yeah. It was on the UT article. I'm not sure why they disappeared.
I guess they actually moderate comments on their showcase articles.
Nice to see in the renders "Pizza Fusion" has been replaced by the "Fresh Juice Bar". Also happy to see "The Coffeeshop" has survived as well.

Coke

"Sunview Suites caters to young professionals ..."

Are today's young professionals renting furnished apartments? I would think they would (in general) be wanting to choose their own furniture.

Furnished suites would work for students, I think. Or for AirBNB.
(07-21-2017, 03:02 PM)Coke6pk Wrote: Nice to see in the renders "Pizza Fusion" has been replaced by the "Fresh Juice Bar".  Also happy to see "The Coffeeshop" has survived as well.

Coke

See I'm not cool with that.  Pizza fusion had me intrigued.  Pizza with....?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »