Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
General Suburban Updates and Rumours
(10-16-2018, 03:14 AM)Square Wrote:
(10-15-2018, 09:03 PM)Spokes Wrote: Crane #2 is up at Ira Needles and Highland.

Combined with the Avon Towns cranes, that makes four in a small space (and a lot of excitement for my three year old)

That's Awesome!  I'm 50 and I still love crane watching! (have all my life)

Whether cranes or "diggers" he'll watch them all day long. And I'm not complaining hah

(10-16-2018, 06:50 AM)Spokes Wrote:
(10-16-2018, 03:14 AM)Square Wrote: That's Awesome!  I'm 50 and I still love crane watching! (have all my life)

Whether cranes or "diggers" he'll watch them all day long. And I'm not complaining hah

Maybe a future builder !!!
The vacant lot on International, between Ottawa and Wake Robin (across from the Sunrise Home Depot) has been enclosed by tall chain link fence. Not sure what is planned...
http://www.westendcondominiums.ca
(10-17-2018, 03:13 PM)neonjoe Wrote: http://www.westendcondominiums.ca

Interesting. Cheers for the link!
Seems like a pretty small lot for a condo
Found out today that the leaf drop-off site at Victoria and Eastforest is permanently closed, with the next closest location being Cherry Park.

Unfortunate, as it was quite convenient for me. My guess is this is due to abuse of the system in a semi-hidden from the road space. Last year, I watched as a person emptied their truck of a large amount of brush right in front of the "LEAVES ONLY" sign and on other occasions saw people dropping their bags off, whereas the system was recently changed to disallow bags.

Oh well, I guess I'll have to make the trek over to Cherry this week.

(10-21-2018, 03:21 PM)timio Wrote: Found out today that the leaf drop-off site at Victoria and Eastforest is permanently closed, with the next closest location being Cherry Park.

Unfortunate, as it was quite convenient for me.  My guess is this is due to abuse of the system in a semi-hidden from the road space.  Last year, I watched as a person emptied their truck of a large amount of brush right in front of the "LEAVES ONLY" sign and on other occasions saw people dropping their bags off, whereas the system was recently changed to disallow bags.

Oh well, I guess I'll have to make the trek over to Cherry this week.

I live really close to there and often walk past there or through the fields with my boys and it's shocking how much was dumped there (very little of it was leaves)
Driving down Courtland last week it looked like the building on at 49 Overland Dr had been demolished.

It looks like it is for a self-storage facility:

Permitno 18112283
Issue Year 2018
Work Type Demolition Non-Res - Industrial
Permit Description Permit is demolish an industrial building for a future self-storage building.
Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
So Overland (the business) is no longer on Overland (the road)...
(10-31-2018, 12:59 PM)KevinL Wrote: So Overland (the business) is no longer on Overland (the road)...

Overland (The business) moved to Werlich Dr in Cambridge many years ago.

Similarly, I find it funny there are 2 hotels on Holiday Inn Drive (Cambridge), and neither is a Holiday Inn anymore.  The pitfalls of naming a street after a business.

Coke
(10-31-2018, 01:49 PM)Coke6pk Wrote:
(10-31-2018, 12:59 PM)KevinL Wrote: So Overland (the business) is no longer on Overland (the road)...

Overland (The business) moved to Werlich Dr in Cambridge many years ago.

Similarly, I find it funny there are 2 hotels on Holiday Inn Drive (Cambridge), and neither is a Holiday Inn anymore.  The pitfalls of naming a street after a business.

Coke

Sportsworld Dr.
(10-31-2018, 02:10 PM)danbrotherston Wrote:
(10-31-2018, 01:49 PM)Coke6pk Wrote: Overland (The business) moved to Werlich Dr in Cambridge many years ago.

Coke

Sportsworld Dr.

This one gets a pass in my book as i'd consider that "historic", somewhat. Just like mill st in kitchener no longer has a mill. At least it's more unique than an international chain.

Agreed. Heroux Devtek Dr in Cambridge is another one that they should hope doesn't lose its anchor tenant! (I mean there isn't even a Toyota Road!)

Coke
Don't forget get Stanley Park Auto (King St East) no where near Stanley Park.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »