Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
General Suburban Updates and Rumours
No signs pointing to an answer for any of those questions.

(12-05-2019, 03:50 PM)white_brian Wrote: No signs pointing to an answer for any of those questions.
This is the bid document.  Here is the link https://canada.constructconnect.com/dcn/...n-park-ltc
  • 95,000 sf new construction plus 41,000 sf renovation in two separate phases

• 128 LTC beds in a new five storey addition

• 64 LTC beds in the existing two storey building

• new construction is precast concrete floor slabs on concrete bearing walls with brick veneer, fully sprinklered

• existing construction is wood frame on masonry bearing walls with brick veneer, fully sprinklered

Looks like the Former Holiday Inn, currently Staybridge Inn on Fairway will soon be branded as a Double Tree by Hilton. The new signage is visible from the highway. Perhaps this is why they are doing so much work on the motel portion.
Good addition, nice for some stability in terms of the Hilton name
Saw some new excavators and equipment at Ira Needles/University across from the boardwalk.  The signage led me to believe it might be the start of "Moderra Urban Towns"  https://www.aberdeenhomes.ca/townhomes-k...ban-towns/
(12-11-2019, 04:06 PM)mastermind Wrote: Saw some new excavators and equipment at Ira Needles/University across from the boardwalk.  The signage led me to believe it might be the start of "Moderra Urban Towns"  https://www.aberdeenhomes.ca/townhomes-k...ban-towns/
I am not impressed by a company that refers to the Boardwalk as a "cultural landmark".
They have been working between IRA Needles and Countrystone. I had pedestrian path at first but possibly doing underground service connections

Can someone remind me what project is under construction immediately south of Woodland Cemetery in Kitchener (Emmanuel Bible College site?)? I was over at the cemetery yesterday and was surprised at how open it was now that all the landscaping bordering the cemetery has been torn out.
(12-29-2019, 06:35 PM)panamaniac Wrote: Can someone remind me what project is under construction immediately south of Woodland Cemetery in Kitchener (Emmanuel Bible College site?)? I was over at the cemetery yesterday and was surprised at how open it was now that all the landscaping bordering the cemetery has been torn out.

https://www.thehushcollection.ca/

The college is still there, just a much smaller version of what it once was, with only the one residence, library, and academic building remaining. The developer bought the larger residence building, cafeteria, old administration building, and chapel, all of which were quite dated and in need of massive renovations in order to bring up to code for accessability purposes, along with the 2 houses further east, which the college also owned for the last decade or so.
The 'West End' project at Ottawa and International (near Sunrise Centre) is nearly complete.

(01-10-2020, 01:46 PM)KevinL Wrote: The 'West End' project at Ottawa and International (near Sunrise Centre) is nearly complete.
That a nice looking infill project. Hopefully one day The Sunrise Centre can be redeveloped into a complete mixed use neighbourhood.  I know it is wishful thinking, but eventually we will have to start increasing the density of these neighbourhoods and all these "super Centre" are primed for redevelopment.
Walk ups? That’s rare these days.
That turned out really nice. I like

Looks like theres something under construction at king and Morrison. A retaining wall has been built
(01-21-2020, 10:16 AM)Bjays93 Wrote: Looks like theres something under construction at king and Morrison. A retaining wall has been built

You mean something other than the townhouse project?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »