Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grocery Stores
Ugh. SO what does that mean for my Healthy Butcher gift card??

(04-03-2018, 02:20 PM)Spokes Wrote: Ugh.  SO what does that mean for my Healthy Butcher gift card??

Sadly, a road trip to Toronto. Sad
This article about the sale of Westmount Place says the new T&T is scheduled to open in September.

https://www.therecord.com/news-story/837...8-million/
Zehrs Laurentian is now selling beer. None cold, that I saw, but a good selection all the same.
(04-22-2018, 04:59 PM)KevinL Wrote: Zehrs Laurentian is now selling beer. None cold, that I saw, but a good selection all the same.

I've not seen a grocery store selling beer/wine that didn't have a cold section.
If they have one, it's not adjacent to the open shelves.
(04-22-2018, 05:44 PM)panamaniac Wrote:
(04-22-2018, 04:59 PM)KevinL Wrote: Zehrs Laurentian is now selling beer. None cold, that I saw, but a good selection all the same.

I've not seen a grocery store selling beer/wine that didn't have a cold section.

I don't think Beechwood Zehrs has a cold section.

Most definitely does not, and it struck me as very strange. It's almost as if they just cleared off a bunch of pasta (or whatever) from the shelves and stuck some cans of beer there.
(04-22-2018, 06:03 PM)KevinL Wrote: If they have one, it's not adjacent to the open shelves.

Where is the beer located? I've been in there a couple times, but haven't actually seen the beer. This isn't like the RCSS, where you can easily find the beer.
(04-24-2018, 05:42 PM)jeffster Wrote:
(04-22-2018, 06:03 PM)KevinL Wrote: If they have one, it's not adjacent to the open shelves.

Where is the beer located? I've been in there a couple times, but haven't actually seen the beer. This isn't like the RCSS, where you can easily find the beer.

Approximate middle of the grocery section towards the front. Taking up what was part of the salty-snack aisle.
(04-24-2018, 05:42 PM)jeffster Wrote:

It is located under "B" in the Dewey Decimal filing system. Ask the "beerbrarian" for help.
(04-02-2018, 01:02 PM)robdrimmie Wrote: Dutchies isn't upscale at all. Produce is often super discounted. They buy a lot from the Ontario Food Terminal that is close to the edge, and sell it very cheaply. Both in the store and at their location at the market.

They do support local farmers on occasion (mostly for veg), and they sell a bunch of stuff from Stemmler's and as long as you understand those raspberries (standard Driscoll's you get in any other grocery store) are going to be soup in 36 hours then it's a fantastic place to shop (we buy from there regularly, and I'm eager to have one a lot closer than the current location), but it's not like, say Herrle's where they're selling a bunch of their own crops or buying almost exclusively directly from farmers within 100km.

They do have a meat counter (although the "take a ticket and wait" concept doesn't seem to be enforced).  Produce looks fresh at a good price, better than some of the main grocers. 

lol at the raspberries, even the ones we pick from our bush get bruised easily. eat them quick or (even better) throw 'em in the freezer
Official 'Coming Soon' signs are up for T&T at Westmount Place.

Grocery section at the downtown SDM has been (somewhat) expanded, including some fresh fruits and vegetables.

SDM? What and where is that?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »