Welcome Guest!
In order to take advantage of all the great features that Waterloo Region Connected has to offer, including participating in the lively discussions below, you're going to have to register. The good news is that it'll take less than a minute and you can get started enjoying Waterloo Region's best online community right away.
or Create an Account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Midtown Lofts | ?m | 6 fl | Complete
On that same note, I tried this restaurant in Portland, which serves Indian style pizza http://www.yelp.com/biz/curry-and-crust-hillsboro-2 . It was actually pretty good, but it didn't have the same leftover quality that cheese + tomatoes do.

Looks like they hit ground water in the excavating. I may have to go for a swim if this heat continues.
Big hole (but no groundwater) spotted today:

[Image: 4yAvS5K.jpg]

[Image: nVG64NS.jpg]
Seemingly not a lot of progress:

Everyone move to the back of the bus and we all get home faster.
The crane is going up tomorrow
So they have a crane on continuous tracks in 'the hole'. I believe the rest of this building will be assembled using prefabricated concrete.

November 5, 2016:

[Image: wHXgLN9.jpg]

[Image: PhAenc0.jpg]
Nice to see this progressing.
They are up above grade now, and when I walked by this afternoon were removing forms. Slow and steady.
I wonder how they will erect the section the crane is currently sitting in once it has to be removed
They have removed the mobile crane.
Tower crane is up:

The project was well into the second floor when I went by this afternoon.
(05-08-2017, 03:44 PM)rangersfan Wrote: The project was well into the second floor when I went by this afternoon.

This project seems to be stuck on 2 stories for the last couple of weeks.... I was wondering if there was something holding up progress....

Coke
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »